cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.1.12 migration on aws

Magento 2.1.12 migration on aws

Hello,

I'm working on a website for our company using magento 2.1.12. It has been on XAMPP. Now we have to migrate it to AWS. Currently, the basic setup of the website has been done and there are not many products or images.

The system admin has provided me URL, Admin URL, username, password for magento and IP address, SSH username and SSH key file (.pem file) for server (aws). Can someone help me suggest the steps to take from here?

I have been checking a lot lately regarding this process, for example

https://www.inkthemes.com/how-to-install-wordpress-on-amazon-aws-ec2/   and many more ...

It is confusing to me as where to and how to take the steps from after getting the information from System admin that are mentioned above.

I would be happy if someone guides me in this process, step by step. I'm in the process of learning Magento and cloud computing while I work as a Web Assistant.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 2.1.12 migration on aws

Hello,

In continuation to my earlier query, I just noticed that our System admin has installed magento2.2.4 while purchasing a domain for AWS migration. Anyhow, would it be easy to build a website all from scratch on magento 2.2.4 or transfer the (website) files from earlier version (magento 2.1.12)? Either way, please help me how I can put the website on aws.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Magento 2.1.12 migration on aws

I guess it is better to uninstall the one installed (magento 2.2.4) by our System Admin and move the wesbite (built on magento 2.1.12) by me into aws.

Can someone at least suggest me the steps to uninstall magento from aws? I'm looking around but I'm all confused now. Please help!

Thanks!