cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.2.2 installation

SOLVED

Re: Magento 2.2.2 installation

I went through the link you posted and I followed the steps explained. Started Magento installation. This time, it got to 57% and its stuck currently now. Console log "Module 'Magento_Sales'

Installing data..."

Why is Magento this difficult to install? It's frustrating me already. Please what can I do 

@samir_arehSorry to hear that you are having many issues in installing Magento. Very less people has to go through this as they were installing it on Windows machine and there can be many more reason like Machine configuration is not that good, PHP and MYSql tuning, bunch of other projects on the same Wamp/Xampp environment etc.

However, as you crossed at least 50% mark means things are working for you. Please have a look at the below URL and see if things are working working you.

https://alankent.me/2015/07/16/the-dreaded-70-and-98-magento-2-install-pauses-quick-note/

Another recommendation would be if you are well verse with virtual machine / Vagrant / Docker and try that. You can have a full blown linux environment and may not that this many issues with the Magento.

Thank you!

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Thanks taran

I was able to install during the weekend. But, I have an issue the backend doesn't respond when I click a button e.g if I click Content or sales. There is no response. Please, what can I do?

@samir_arehGlad to hear that you were able to install in. Issue you are having is due to WAMP environment. Many user have faced the same in past.

Please go through the below URL for the different solution. One of them will definitely fix the issue you are having.

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/92660/magento2-admin-menu-panel-doesnt-work

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi,

Even I tried installing M2 on my local system using xamp, wamp, nginx and was able to install successfully but when started using, it was very slow and taking lots of CPU and RAM consumption. I learnt that it required atleast 16GB of RAM to work properly on local system but I did not went to change any configurations on my system instead choose AWS cloud instance to install M2. It was quick and easy.

Try this option and you will be completely owning this instance as good as local