cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.3.2 installation failing due to libosodium - PLEASE HELP!

Magento 2.3.2 installation failing due to libosodium - PLEASE HELP!

Server config:

PHP Version 7.2.20

Debian GNU/Linux  environment

Memory limit:

Capture2.JPG

I have the following error, which I believe is due to not being able to install Libosodium: ( please correct me if I'm wrong)

3.JPG

The memory_limit requirements should be sufficient to install Libosodium , however I am recieving the following:

(uiserver):u97786752:~$ pecl install -f libsodium

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 92160 bytes) in /usr/lib/php4.4/PEAR/PackageFile/v2.php on line 1288 

When following the following steps:

wget https://download.libsodium.org/libsodium/releases/libsodium-1.0.18.tar.gz \
    && tar xfvz libsodium-1.0.18.tar.gz \
    && cd libsodium-1.0.18 \
    && ./configure \
    && make && make install \
    && pecl install -f libsodium

I'm kind of banging my had against a brick wall here ,as I've been trying to install libosodium for around 2 weeks.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to installing things via SSH command lines, so I barely know what to do with it, apart from following instructions verbatum .

Surely, installing something via SSH shouldn't be this difficult? I've tried looking for solutions to this issue elsewhere, which suggested raising the memory limit, which I did, but to no avail at all. I've looked at a gerat many youtube tutorials, nut none exist. I know this would be an extremely easy task for most people on here, but I really can't seem to get past this and really need help.

I'd be really grateful for help with this one.

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 2.3.2 installation failing due to libosodium - PLEASE HELP!

Hi @james_connor2,

Try once
pecl -d memory_limit="-1" install -f libsodium

May be it will work.

Hi,

Thanks for the help, however I'm still getting the following error when I tried to run with that command:

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
(uiserver):u97786752:~$ pecl -d memory_limit="-1" install -f libsodium

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 92160 bytes) in /usr/lib/php4.4/PEAR/PackageFile/v2.php on line 1288

Do you have any other suggestions that I can try please?

@james_connor2 

Possibly your CLI php is different than webserver or you may have multiple PHP.ini.

Try below command to find the php.ini file cli version is using.

$ php -i | grep 'php.ini'

Look for "Loaded Configuration File" in the output and check check if you have updated the right php.ini.

Another way is to run the below command to find out current memory_limit setting

$ php -i | grep 'memory_limit'

Let know if this helps in resolving your issue.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.