cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.3.4 installation fails at 91%

SOLVED

Magento 2.3.4 installation fails at 91%

I am a new to Magento and trying to install v2.3.4 on a VPS server. I configured a 4gb swap file to hopefully ensure memory was sufficient. I also made sure the max_execution_time is set to 18000.

The last Console Log shows:

Module 'Magento_ConfigurableSampleData':

Running data recurring...

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2.3.4 installation fails at 91%

Hi @jay_patel7 

You are facing 404 error because .htaccess file is not there in the root directory of the Magento 2 which you have installed.

Please check .htaccess file is there or not ? if its not there then create new .htaccess file in the root directory then put this content in https://github.com/emizentech/magento2/blob/master/.htaccess.sample  in the .htaccess file !

It will works for you !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @jay_patel7 

It might be due to memory limit and execution time. Add below lines to index.php file of magento root folder to by pass these values.

ini_set('max_execution_time', 0);

ini_set('memory_limit', -1);

I hope it will help you!

Hi Vimal,

Thank you for your prompt response and suggestion to insert the 2 lines in the index.php. Even with the a new clean installation, I am still getting to 91% and stalling out.  

I have searched and tried many potential solutions in the community forum, which has been very helpful and I am learning a lot, but it seems I have still a few steps away.

Any additional thoughts and suggestions will always be appreciated!

Hi @jay_patel7 

In your php.ini file increase values of below parameters.

• max_execution_time = 18000
  • max_input_time = 1800
  • memory_limit = 1024M

Note : Make sure you increase max_input_time value to at least 1800 and it will works !! 

Hope it helps !

Hi Manthan,

I apologize for my late response as I was waiting for my hosting service to reboot the virtual server.

Thank you for your instructions. I have verified and increased the values. However, I am still getting hung at 91%.

The server is running PHP 7.3.16 on Centos 7.0 x86_64 OS. 

I increased the max_input_time = 3600 and the installation went through, however, I am receiving a 404 page not found error message for customer and admin pages. I tried to restart the server as well. 

Hi @jay_patel7 

You are facing 404 error because .htaccess file is not there in the root directory of the Magento 2 which you have installed.

Please check .htaccess file is there or not ? if its not there then create new .htaccess file in the root directory then put this content in https://github.com/emizentech/magento2/blob/master/.htaccess.sample  in the .htaccess file !

It will works for you !

Thank you Manthan!

I am able to access Mangento website and off and running. Much appreciate your assistance.

Hi @jay_patel7 

Glad to know that you have resolved your issue !

Happy to help and keep helping others ! Smiley Happy