cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.3 update fails because of Braintree

SOLVED

Magento 2.3 update fails because of Braintree

Magento 2.2.6 has Braintree installed, so it must work or they would not have released the Magento 2.3 update. However, I have tried multiple times and I get the following error. I tried to remove the extension but I get an error that says, Braintree is required to complete the update.

Any ideas ?

### 

Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
    - don't install magento/module-braintree 100.3.0|remove paypal/module-braintree 3.0.5
    - don't install paypal/module-braintree 3.0.5|don't install magento/module-braintree 100.3.0
    - magento/product-community-edition 2.3.0 requires magento/module-braintree 100.3.0 -> satisfiable by magento/module-braintree[100.3.0].
    - Installation request for magento/product-community-edition 2.3.0 -> satisfiable by magento/product-community-edition[2.3.0].
    - Installation request for paypal/module-braintree 3.0.5 -> satisfiable by paypal/module-braintree[3.0.5].
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2.3 update fails because of Braintree

6 REPLIES 6

same here...any guess?

Part fo the problem is that there are 2 Braintree extensions, one that is built in and is advanced. Gene writes both but the 2nd has Apple Pay included. The 2nd one is not compatible with 2.3.0 right now. I was able to get Magento 2.2.6 to 2.3.0 upgrade to work after a lot of trial and error. Here is the procedure I followed. 

Obviously backup everything first. I did it on a development copy first.

1. Update all extensions

2. run composer remove gene/module-braintree & composer remove paypal/module-braintree

3. composer update

4. composer require magento/module-braintree

5. composer update

6. Install Magento 2.2.7 (cannot go directly to 2.3.0)

7. compile, deploy and clean caches

8. Install Magento 2.3.0 by following these instructions, but DON'T run the composer update command. Make sure you remove the update folder and do that step, even though it says optional. https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/comp-mgr/cli/cli-upgrade.html

9. Edit the composer.json file in the root.Remove any 3rd party respositories. Also remove any extensions you don't need. I found Sendgrid and Bronto were not compatible with 2.3 and only had to remove those. You will know if you try run "composer update" if it gives you any errors.

10. Run composer update

11. Once Magento 2.3.0 is installed, I found that it would not run any bin/magento commands. This was fixed by flushing redis. May be different for your server but mine was.

redis-cli -s /var/run/redis-multi-a751baae.redis/redis.sock -n 0 FLUSHDB

12. compile, deploy and clear caches

You should be good to go! I found one other issue with swatches not displaying and followed the instructions here to fix https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/19688

Good Luck!

Hi @mousepad,

Have you solved the issue?

Yes, see the post above this

Okay

Thank you for the link ! 

digitaloceansitegroundipage