cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.4 ElasticSearch & Meth

Magento 2.4 ElasticSearch & Meth

What was Adobe thinking when they FORCED us to use ElasticSearch, how many shared servers won't and will NEVER have Elastic Search installed and if using the cloud version of Elastic Search, this forces us SMB to pay, yet another fee! 

Honestly, we have been promoting Magento as Open Source to SMB for years and years and now we can't!  Someone within Adobe must have an ownership or interest with Elastic Search.

At the least, giving the community OPTIONS is what should have had because it would have been smartest for hosting companies, agencies, etc.

But but but... Numbers don't lie, let's look at the stocks; Shopify $1,038.88, Adobe $472.00

Shopify caters to SMB... wait, what!?  You mean there are millions upon millions of SMB businesses that want online, it's not enterprise only!?

Anyway, coming back to meth, someone at Adobe wants some because they are making decisions as if they are hooked!

I would LOVE to have an honest business conversation with the CEO of Adobe because he has surrounded himself with Yes people and Dishonest people for someone to state, "Yes, going EXCLUSIVELY with ElasticSearch is in Adobe best interest!"

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Magento 2.4 ElasticSearch & Meth

I haven't looked to see if someone made it yet, but it may be possible for a third-party module to restore the MySQL search functionality to Magento 2.4 and above. 

You can also consider setting up a VM of your own, install Elasticsearch on it and connect your Magento 2.4 store to the VM. 

@JLHC wrote:

I haven't looked to see if someone made it yet, but it may be possible for a third-party module to restore the MySQL search functionality to Magento 2.4 and above. 

You can also consider setting up a VM of your own, install Elasticsearch on it and connect your Magento 2.4 store to the VM. 

We are looking into a few options but the fact that Adobe has shoved this down our throats is just CRAZY!  If Magento didn't have such a great Module/Plugin community I would be running to another option. 

We do hope that someone comes up with a third party option because 80% of your shared hosting companies are NOT going to install ES just to appease Adobe/Magento users and for that matter, since Magento 2.x many hosting companies have removed Magento from their support list or auto-installer... what does that say!  (other than the fact that Adobe isn't paying attention, Shopify gets it and just like Kmart killed Sears, Adobe is going to kill Magento because they are short-sighted!!)

I have installed elasticsearch in my local server successfully.I am not able to reindex the catalog search indexer.

Exactly the issue I have.  I had Elasticsearch installed on my VPS.  It randomly stops working and I can not restart from the command line.

It's frustrating making an update to Magento and somehow Elasticsearch no longer works.

Agree. Adobe is killing Magento.