cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.4 installation

SOLVED

Magento 2.4 installation

Hello, 

I would like to create and design an online store by using Magento 2. I'm planning to install Magento 2.4 on a linux server.

Could you please help me with the following?  

1. Which SQL server is more secure and faster (performance) for Magento - MariaDB or MySQL? 
  2. Which Web server is more secure and faster (performance) for Magento - Apache or Nginx?   

Thanks and best regards,

Noury

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2.4 installation

@nmicro70gm7302 

1. MariaDB has a larger connection pool supporting up to 200,000+ connections whereas MySQL has smaller connection pool. In MariaDB replication is faster whereas in MySQL replication is slower. 

2. NGINX is about 2.5 times faster than Apache

Apart from that, Adobe removed mysql from search only rest application still using mysql. In searh also ID's still coming from mysql or cache and based on id's fetching data from elasticsearch. 

For Magento 2.4 yes Elasticsearch is mandatory. 

Problem Solved! Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Haha, funny you mention MySql... Adobe KILLED IT and you are FORCED to use ElasticSearch, which is a resource hog and most hosting companies do NOT support it but hey it's Adobe now and you can afford that change right!?  I mean they don't care about SMB, only MEGA enterprise, you are that right? Sorry but Adobe stupid move to ElasticSearch killed Magento open source and they know it.  If you are an SMB that needs a powerful eCommerce platform, well Magento 2.3 is what you have left unless you're willing to have Adobe SHOVE their wares down your throat, ie. it's only a matter of time before you cannot remove Adobe tracking all of your data because they need to for their data.  (Hint: BigCommerce and Shopify are trading for more than Adobe, what does that say!? SMB is where it's at and Adobe is still... well, you get the picture.) The best way to describe it is Adobe is to Magento as Kmart was to Sears. How did that work out!?

@nmicro70gm7302 

1. MariaDB has a larger connection pool supporting up to 200,000+ connections whereas MySQL has smaller connection pool. In MariaDB replication is faster whereas in MySQL replication is slower. 

2. NGINX is about 2.5 times faster than Apache

Apart from that, Adobe removed mysql from search only rest application still using mysql. In searh also ID's still coming from mysql or cache and based on id's fetching data from elasticsearch. 

For Magento 2.4 yes Elasticsearch is mandatory. 

Problem Solved! Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Without ElasticSearch install, Magento won't install, and 80%+ hosting companies do not support it, so either you have to have dedicated IT folks to support a dedicated server or you move to another platform.