cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 Development with Docker on OS X

Magento 2 Development with Docker on OS X

I just wrote a blog post on getting a development environment setup on OSX utilizing Docker and Dinghy (boot2docker clone). This solves the vboxfs slow file mounting issues as well as the complex install of M2.

http://mageinferno.com/blog/magento-2-development-docker-os-x

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 2 Development with Docker on OS X

Great blog post! Was able to set up Dinghy, but docker-compose up setup exited with code 6.

setup_1 | Gathering css/styles-old.less sources.
setup_1 | Successfully processed LESS and/or SASS files
setup_1 | Gathering css/styles.less sources.
setup_1 | Successfully processed LESS and/or SASS files
setup_1 | 
setup_1 | Running "less:blank" (less) task
setup_1 | >> FileError: '_actions-toolbar.less' wasn't found in pub/static/frontend/Magento/blank/en_US/css/source/lib/_lib.less on line 9, column 1:
setup_1 | >> 8 
setup_1 | >> 9 @import '_actions-toolbar.less';
setup_1 | >> 10 @import '_breadcrumbs.less';
setup_1 | Warning: Error compiling pub/static/frontend/Magento/blank/en_US/css/styles-m.less Use --force to continue.
setup_1 | 
setup_1 | Aborted due to warnings.

Any ideas why _actions-toolbar.less is not where it's expected to be?

Re: Magento 2 Development with Docker on OS X

It appears everything installed, this was in the final phase of the setup process (grunt refresh). Bring up your web instance with `docker-compose up -d web`, then go into the machine `docker exec -it CONTAINER_ID bash`, and try running `grunt refresh` again.

If that doesn't work, it could perhaps be a bug with generating static resources. I've ran into this randomly, it could be an issue with dinghy/docker but I'm not sure, but once i turned on developer mode in .htaccess file the errors stopped going away.