cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 - No Theme after installation

Magento 2 - No Theme after installation

Hi Community

I've installed on a Windows 11 Magento using Xampp, Composer, Elastic Search. The installation went through without any errors. However, when I now go to the URL http://localhost/magento/pub/, I only get the image attached. the web page is not displayed correctly:

webseite.png

When I open the DevTools in the Edge browser the following errors are visible:

devtool.png

The system looks for the files in the following path: 

http://localhost/magento/static/version1667226828/frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/mage/calendar.css

When I check the file path, there is no static folder there either. This folder is located at: C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\pub\static

But de the version subfolder does not exist there:

path.png

Do I need to adjust any configuration somewhere so that it finds the data in the correct location?

Thank you for your support

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Magento 2 - No Theme after installation

If you are facing the theme issue after installation in Magento 2. You can follow these steps :

• Run this query in SQL : 

INSERT INTO core_config_data (path, value) VALUES ('dev/static/sign', 0) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE value = 0;

• For a local machine, run this query:

UPDATE <dbname>.core_config_data SET value = '0' WHERE core_config_data.path LIKE '%web/seo/use_rewrites%';

• Remove all the files from the pub and var directories: 

sudo rm -rf var/di var/generation/ var/page_cache/ var/cache/ pub/static/frontend/ pub/static/adminhtml/ pub/static/_requirejs/ pub/static/deployed_version.txt

• Give Permission to var and pub directories of your project : 

sudo chmod -R 777 var/* pub/*

• Upgrade Setup :

sudo bin/magento setup:upgrade

• Deploy Content : 

sudo php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

After these steps, you will be able to see the proper theme.

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

WebDesk Solution Support Team

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Hello @magentohowdef8,

The first thing to do is to make sure your installation has .htaccess files. You shouldn't head to /magento/pub/ but to /magento/ as rewrites should handle showing you the homepage there. It seems some or all of the folders are lacking the .htaccess
/magento/
/magento/pub/
/magento/pub/static/ (and its subfolders)

If you are looking for help or a consultation for your store, feel free to contact Whidegroup anytime.

Best regards,
Oleksandra

I am a Content Manager and SEO Analyst at Whidegroup, an e-commerce website design and development company in Ukraine.

Thanks a lot, your response helps me too as I was facing the same issue in my Magento development project.

A collection of the top +49 New York City wallpaper and backgrounds available for download for free. We hope you enjoy our growing collection of HD images to use as a background or home screen for your smartphone or computer