cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 running very slow with Godaddy VPS Hosting 2Gb Ram Variant.

Magento 2 running very slow with Godaddy VPS Hosting 2Gb Ram Variant.

Hi,

We recently installed M2 over our VPS (GODADDY - 2GB RAM PLAN) & have made sure all the necessary changes relating to MYSQL etc etc are done. Even though everything looks to be simply perfect, I am still unable to load my domain's Backend / Front End. It takes over 20-30 seconds to load.

Can someone please help us out to get rid of this situation ? Our domain is aestheticnation.co

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Magento 2 running very slow with Godaddy VPS Hosting 2Gb Ram Variant.

Hi ANATION,

Are you using Varnish? which php and mysql versions are on the server? did you check error log to see if it's getting filled with errors when you open a page in your store? did you check server error log? did you check server load? did you check memory usage?

and why are you using domain registration company for hosting? I admire Godaddy but they do not specialize in Magento hosting. it's like trying to get a Ferrari going over a corn field and wondering why it is so slow. Stop the madness! You can find several hosting companies represented on this forum which can setup an optimized server for you and still fit your hosting budget.

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

Hello,

Finestshops hit the nail on the head with that response. Varnish is a good start for speed issues. And also on the front of GoDaddy for Magento. I highly suggest you look for a host that specializes in Magento and can help with general Magento issues when needed.

In my experience, mass-market hosting has never worked too well for any major e-commerce platform, let alone Magento.

Leslie B.
Aspiration Hosting - Magento 1 & 2 Optimized Cloud Hosting
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Seems to be several problems, and stylesheets are not loaded correctly

Somehow pub/static/frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/css/styles-m.css is always taking 30 seconds to produce and then gets mime type text/html instead of text/css. All other css files seem to be fine.

Maybe give it a try with "server side less compilation" and "Merge CSS files" set (don't forget to flush the cache)

First GET takes about 800 ms which is not great at all, maybe try php 7 instead of 5.6 but your VPS has most likely not the IO resources it needs. I get about 140 ms on a cheap VPS from a different provider.

Better "cheap" VPS providers are (amongst others) DigitalOcean, Linode and Lunanode. They allow snapshots which is great for development.  Of course magento certified hosting is always better but will cost more than 10$ per month

there is no such thing in this world as magento optimized/specialized hosting...

and second , you have to debug your issue, maybe you have cache disabled, or other issues...

look into your logs and server processes

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization