cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 setup hangs at web configuration 500 internal server error - invalid argument to Lists.php

SOLVED

Magento 2 setup hangs at web configuration 500 internal server error - invalid argument to Lists.php

Hello, Can someone help me please diagnose my problem running the setup wizard programme.

i am getting an invalid argument error when i click '"next" to progress from stage 3 Web configuration to custom storefront.

From the fire fox web console i captured the following error message:

What diagnostic steps should i take to find the problem? I have checked file and directory permissions. My server is running     php 7.0 on a Windows 10 environment.   Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception

File:

C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\App\ErrorHandler.php:61

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\Setup\Lists.php on line 66

Stack trace:

#0 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\Setup\Lists.php(66): Magento\Framework\App\ErrorHandler->handler(2, 'Invalid argumen...', 'C:\\UniServerZ\\w...', 66, Array)
#1 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\setup\src\Magento\Setup\Controller\CustomizeYourStore.php(63): Magento\Framework\Setup\Lists->getCurrencyList()
#2 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\zendframework\zend-mvc\src\Controller\AbstractActionController.php(82): Magento\Setup\Controller\CustomizeYourStore->indexAction()
#3 [internal function]: Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#4 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\zendframework\zend-eventmanager\src\EventManager.php(444): call_user_func(Array, Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#5 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\zendframework\zend-eventmanager\src\EventManager.php(205): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners('dispatch', Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#6 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\zendframework\zend-mvc\src\Controller\AbstractController.php(118): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->trigger('dispatch', Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#7 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\zendframework\zend-mvc\src\DispatchListener.php(93): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response))
#8 [internal function]: Zend\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#9 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\zendframework\zend-eventmanager\src\EventManager.php(444): call_user_func(Array, Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#10 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\zendframework\zend-eventmanager\src\EventManager.php(205): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners('dispatch', Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#11 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\zendframework\zend-mvc\src\Application.php(314): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->trigger('dispatch', Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#12 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\setup\index.php(31): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()
#13 {main}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2 setup hangs at web configuration 500 internal server error - invalid argument to Lists

Problem: When attempting to install Magento 2 on a Windows 10 tablet or PC using the supplied setup wizard you find the wizard hangs at stage 3. Despite clicking "NEXT" the setup wizard stays on the database configuration screen and does not change or move to the next screen.The install programme simply hangs at stage 3 "Web Configuration" and refuses to move to the next screen when you click NEXT.

Solution: The suspected reason is the windows 10 environment path variables list currently does not contain the PATH to the php executable for your XAMPP server. th So  use windows explorer to locate the php executable. This will give you the PATH

statement required. For example C:\UniServer\php7\bin.

Now manually add the PATH statement to the list of Windows10 environment variables list. Save and REBOOT the Pc ( or tablet)

This step is important....

Check that this change/uodate to the windows environment  has worked by  opening  up a CMD prompt session and going to the Magento2/bin directory where the magento executable is located. Type: php magento info:currency:list  and you should display a list of countries down the screen after a pause If you receive an error message check the accuracy of the PATH statement..and REBOOT.

Assuming all ok restart the setup wizard process and the wizard should  advance to screen four!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Magento 2 setup hangs at web configuration 500 internal server error - invalid argument to Lists

Hello,

Warning is not an error.

Now you ran your php scripts on "debug" mode.

Try to change your PHP error reporting level to display only errors.

PS: Of course it is a temporarily solution. Someone should fix that warning. 

Stanislav

Hi Thanks for coming back.

Can you explain in more detail how I can capture the  reason for the warning as you suggest. I am not a professional developer by training but very keen to learn. 

Yes I saw that this is a warning.  I am assuming this warning leads to the 500 internal server error somehow.

i.e the warning is linked and  triggers some how to the 500 internal server error.  I make this conclusion because  the setup wizard stalls at the web configuration screen . ie If I select NEXT I get the 500 internal server error . If I right click the 500 internal Server line on the firefox web console I get information on the warning.

If they are NOT related then I am at a loss to know what to do next. I have googled to find out what common issues cause a 500 internal server error and followed the suggestion but no joy. This is a  localhost install using UniServerZ instance.   Any suggestions very welcome Chris  

Hello,

If it is a real server error you should find more information in your server log.

If it is just "500 internal server error" header then you should suppress that warning:

Add the line:

error_reporting(E_ERROR);

after the line:

set_error_handler([$handler, 'handler']);

in the file:

setup/index.php

Stanislav

Hi Stanislav

Thanks for the advice. I will check  in a few hours time

I will add the code. I presume this will capture  the error for me as well as suppressing it to the screen..  Chris

Hi Stanislav

Progress!

I added the line "error_reporting(E_ERROR);" as you suggested and when i clicked NEXT on the web configuration screen i progressed to the next

screen that prompts for timezone, currency and language drop downs.

Thank you for this! 

Now i have what you probably expected:

Timezone has drop down options, but neither currency nor language have drop down options just blank.

Also I received this error message from the server in a separate browser windowSmiley Sadi had turned on error reporting on the server):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 403

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /Magento1/bin/magento info:currency:list on this server.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i "do" have a permissions issue. I am not sure how I should fix this error.

I also tried to progress to the next screen  by ignoring and leaving the currency and language fields blank but I only progressed to 75% install with a lot of errors listed in the on-screen console log which presumably is saved somewhere.

Can you advise me on what I should do to fix the permissions issue or should I raise/post another message here?  Chris

Hello,

You can try to make the file:

/Magento1/bin/magento

executable.

"I found that you just right click on the directory/folder name in Explorer (the Windows file manager) and you get a dialog box with various access and use choices for that directory"

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9959458/how-to-set-read-write-permissions-in-apache-on-a-windows-...

There are also other problems when installing Magento 2 on Windows

So you should use some ready guide of how to do it:

https://magecomp.com/blog/how-to-install-magento-2-on-windows-on-xampp-server-with-git/

http://www.appseconnect.com/how-to-install-magento-2-on-xampp-server-localhost/

http://astrio.net/blog/magento-2-installation-local-server/

Stanislav

Hello again Stanislav

i researched your suggestion regarding making the magento file executable on Google.I also read your links

about installing Magento on Windows. 

Based on this information i tried invoking the magento file at a command line using the php intérpreter. This worked but produced

the following error message:  I have no idea what this means. I dont understand what to do next.. Can you help? Chris

C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\bin>php magento info:currency:list
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Locale' not found in C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\Locale\Bundle\DataBundle.php:64
Stack trace:
#0 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\Locale\Bundle\DataBundle.php(28): Magento\Framework\Locale\Bundle\DataBundle->cleanLocale('en_US')
#1 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\Setup\Lists.php(64): Magento\Framework\Locale\Bundle\DataBundle->get('en_US')
#2 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\setup\src\Magento\Setup\Console\Command\InfoCurrencyListCommand.php(54): Magento\Framework\Setup\Lists->getCurrencyList()
#3 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\symfony\console\Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command.php(257): Magento\Setup\Console\Command\InfoCurrencyListCommand->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#4 C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\symfony\console\Symfony\Component\Console\Application.php(874): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Compon in C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\vendor\magento\framework\Locale\Bundle\DataBundle.php on line 64

Hello,

It looks like you need to have installed the intl PHP extension

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11509204/fatal-error-class-locale-not-found-with-zf2-beta5-skelet...

Find "Loaded Configuration File" with command:

php -i

In the php.ini file find and replace:

;extension=php_intl.dll

with:

extension=php_intl.dll

Then copy all icu* * * *.dll files:

C:\xampp\php

to:

C:\xampp\apache\bin

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1451468/intl-extension-installing-php-intl-dll

If it does not help show here all information from php -i command.

Stanislav

Hello again Stanislav

Followed your suggestion and discovered there are two php.ini files: a production version that is used at web page

level and a CLI version that is loaded for php7.0 The web version appears to be the one is used by the web install wizard during the first readiness check that confirms all extensions are present.

I have corrected the cli version and repeated the currency list command and received the same message as for the web wizard.

The terminology used is exception not warning.  I seemed to have gone back to the same error as i had with the web wizard

Below is the error message plus a dump of the php - i command for your information.Not all lines are provided because of the 20k character limit. Note sure how to attach a file.  i note the errors loading the dll libraries for two extensions . Dont know why

i am wondering whether the problems i am having are related to php7.0?  Any help really appreciated Chris

-------------------------------------------------------------

C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\bin>php magento info:currency:list

[ErrorException]
Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

info:currency:list

C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\bin>

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------:

C:\UniServerZ\www\Magento1\bin>php -i
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/UniServerZ/core/php70/extensions\php_curl.dll' - Attempt to access invalid address.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/UniServerZ/core/php70/extensions\php_openssl.dll' - Attempt to access invalid address.
in Unknown on line 0
phpinfo()
PHP Version => 7.0.2

System => Windows NT DESKTOP-OBML98C 10.0 build 10586 (Windows 10) i586
Build Date => Jan 29 2016 12:36:34
Compiler => MSVC14 (Visual C++ 2015)
Architecture => x86
Configure Command => cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--enable-crt-debug" "--with-ereg=shared" "--enable-com-dotnet=shared" "--with-mcrypt=static" "--with-pdo-oci=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient12\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8-11g=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient11\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8-12c=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient12\sdk,shared"
Server API => Command Line Interface
Virtual Directory Support => enabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => C:\windows
Loaded Configuration File => C:\UniServerZ\core\php70\php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files => (none)
Additional .ini files parsed => (none)
PHP API => 20151012
PHP Extension => 20151012
Zend Extension => 320151012
Zend Extension Build => API320151012,TS,VC14
PHP Extension Build => API20151012,TS,VC14
Debug Build => no
Thread Safety => enabled
Zend Signal Handling => disabled
Zend Memory Manager => enabled
Zend Multibyte Support => provided by mbstring
IPv6 Support => enabled
DTrace Support => disabled

Registered PHP Streams => php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, zip, compress.zlib, phar
Registered Stream Socket Transports => tcp, udp
Registered Stream Filters => convert.iconv.*, mcrypt.*, mdecrypt.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk, zlib.*

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies
with Xdebug v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 2002-2016, by Derick Rethans

Configuration

bcmath

BCMath support => enabled

Directive => Local Value => Master Value
bcmath.scale => 0 => 0

calendar

Calendar support => enabled

com_dotnet

COM support => enabled
DCOM support => disabled
.Net support => enabled

com.allow_dcom => 0 => 0
com.autoregister_casesensitive => 1 => 1
com.autoregister_typelib => 0 => 0
com.autoregister_verbose => 0 => 0
com.code_page => no value => no value
com.typelib_file => no value => no value

Core

PHP Version => 7.0.2

allow_url_fopen => On => On
allow_url_include => Off => Off
arg_separator.input => & => &
arg_separator.output => & => &
auto_append_file => no value => no value
auto_globals_jit => On => On
auto_prepend_file => no value => no value
browscap => no value => no value
default_charset => UTF-8 => UTF-8
default_mimetype => text/html => text/html
disable_classes => no value => no value
disable_functions => no value => no value
display_errors => STDOUT => STDOUT
display_startup_errors => Off => Off
doc_root => no value => no value
docref_ext => no value => no value
docref_root => no value => no value
enable_dl => Off => Off
enable_post_data_reading => On => On
error_append_string => no value => no value
error_log => no value => no value
error_prepend_string => no value => no value
error_reporting => 22527 => 22527
exit_on_timeout => Off => Off
expose_php => On => On
extension_dir => c:/UniServerZ/core/php70/extensions => c:/UniServerZ/core/php70/extensions
file_uploads => On => On
highlight.comment => <font style="color: #FF8000">#FF8000</font> => <font style="color: #FF8000">#FF8000</font>
highlight.default => <font style="color: #0000BB">#0000BB</font> => <font style="color: #0000BB">#0000BB</font>
highlight.html => <font style="color: #000000">#000000</font> => <font style="color: #000000">#000000</font>
highlight.keyword => <font style="color: #007700">#007700</font> => <font style="color: #007700">#007700</font>
highlight.string => <font style="color: #DD0000">#DD0000</font> => <font style="color: #DD0000">#DD0000</font>
html_errors => Off => Off
ignore_repeated_errors => Off => Off
ignore_repeated_source => Off => Off
ignore_user_abort => Off => Off
implicit_flush => On => On
include_path => .;C:\php\pear => .;C:\php\pear
input_encoding => no value => no value
internal_encoding => no value => no value
log_errors => On => On
log_errors_max_len => 1024 => 1024
mail.add_x_header => On => On
mail.force_extra_parameters => no value => no value
mail.log => no value => no value
max_execution_time => 0 => 0
max_file_uploads => 20 => 20
max_input_nesting_level => 64 => 64
max_input_time => -1 => -1
max_input_vars => 2000 => 2000
memory_limit => 128M => 128M
open_basedir => no value => no value
output_buffering => 0 => 0
output_encoding => no value => no value
output_handler => no value => no value
post_max_size => 12M => 12M
precision => 14 => 14
realpath_cache_size => 16K => 16K
realpath_cache_ttl => 120 => 120
register_argc_argv => On => On
report_memleaks => On => On
report_zend_debug => Off => Off
request_order => GP => GP
sendmail_from => no value => no value
sendmail_path => c:/UniServerZ/core/msmtp/msmtp.exe --file=c:/UniServerZ/core/msmtp/msmtprc.ini -t => c:/UniServerZ/core/msmtp/msmtp.exe --file=c:/UniServerZ/core/msmtp/msmtprc.ini -t
serialize_precision => 17 => 17
short_open_tag => Off => Off
SMTP => localhost => localhost
smtp_port => 25 => 25
sql.safe_mode => Off => Off
sys_temp_dir => no value => no value
track_errors => Off => Off
unserialize_callback_func => no value => no value
upload_max_filesize => 12M => 12M
upload_tmp_dir => c:/UniServerZ/tmp => c:/UniServerZ/tmp
user_dir => c:/UniServerZ/www => c:/UniServerZ/www
user_ini.cache_ttl => 300 => 300
user_ini.filename => .user.ini => .user.ini
variables_order => GPCS => GPCS
windows.show_crt_warning => Off => Off
xmlrpc_error_number => 0 => 0
xmlrpc_errors => Off => Off
zend.assertions => -1 => -1
zend.detect_unicode => On => On
zend.enable_gc => On => On
zend.multibyte => Off => Off
zend.script_encoding => no value => no value

ctype

ctype functions => enabled

date

date/time support => enabled
"Olson" Timezone Database Version => 2015.7
Timezone Database => internal
Default timezone => Europe/London

date.default_latitude => 31.7667 => 31.7667
date.default_longitude => 35.2333 => 35.2333
date.sunrise_zenith => 90.583333 => 90.583333
date.sunset_zenith => 90.583333 => 90.583333
date.timezone => Europe/London => Europe/London

dom

DOM/XML => enabled
DOM/XML API Version => 20031129
libxml Version => 2.9.3
HTML Support => enabled
XPath Support => enabled
XPointer Support => enabled
Schema Support => enabled
RelaxNG Support => enabled

exif

EXIF Support => enabled
EXIF Version => 1.4 $Id: 8bdc0c8f27c2c9dd1f7551f1f9fe3ab57a06a4b1 $
Supported EXIF Version => 0220
Supported filetypes => JPEG,TIFF

exif.decode_jis_intel => JIS => JIS
exif.decode_jis_motorola => JIS => JIS
exif.decode_unicode_intel => UCS-2LE => UCS-2LE
exif.decode_unicode_motorola => UCS-2BE => UCS-2BE
exif.encode_jis => no value => no value
exif.encode_unicode => ISO-8859-15 => ISO-8859-15

filter

Input Validation and Filtering => enabled
Revision => $Id: 581fc9c59849d786175363132ab6aba00470ca6a $

filter.default => unsafe_raw => unsafe_raw
filter.default_flags => no value => no value

gd

GD Support => enabled
GD Version => bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
FreeType Support => enabled
FreeType Linkage => with freetype
FreeType Version => 2.6.2
GIF Read Support => enabled
GIF Create Support => enabled
JPEG Support => enabled
libJPEG Version => 9 compatible
PNG Support => enabled
libPNG Version => 1.6.21
WBMP Support => enabled
XPM Support => enabled
libXpm Version => 30511
XBM Support => enabled
WebP Support => enabled

gd.jpeg_ignore_warning => 0 => 0

hash

hash support => enabled
Hashing Engines => md2 md4 md5 sha1 sha224 sha256 sha384 sha512 ripemd128 ripemd160 ripemd256 ripemd320 whirlpool tiger128,3 tiger160,3 tiger192,3 tiger128,4 tiger160,4 tiger192,4 snefru snefru256 gost gost-crypto adler32 crc32 crc32b fnv132 fnv1a32 fnv164 fnv1a64 joaat haval128,3 haval160,3 haval192,3 haval224,3 haval256,3 haval128,4 haval160,4 haval192,4 haval224,4 haval256,4 haval128,5 haval160,5 haval192,5 haval224,5 haval256,5

MHASH support => Enabled
MHASH API Version => Emulated Support

iconv

iconv support => enabled
iconv implementation => "libiconv"
iconv library version => 1.14

iconv.input_encoding => no value => no value
iconv.internal_encoding => no value => no value
iconv.output_encoding => no value => no value

intl

Internationalization support => enabled
version => 1.1.0
ICU version => 56.1
ICU Data version => 56.1

intl.default_locale => no value => no value
intl.error_level => 0 => 0
intl.use_exceptions => 0 => 0

json

json support => enabled
json version => 1.4.0

libxml

libXML support => active
libXML Compiled Version => 2.9.3
libXML Loaded Version => 20903
libXML streams => enabled

mbstring

Multibyte Support => enabled
Multibyte string engine => libmbfl
HTTP input encoding translation => disabled
libmbfl version => 1.3.2
oniguruma version => 5.9.6

mbstring extension makes use of "streamable kanji code filter and converter", which is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1.

Multibyte (japanese) regex support => enabled
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) version => 5.9.6

mbstring.detect_order => no value => no value
mbstring.encoding_translation => Off => Off
mbstring.func_overload => 0 => 0
mbstring.http_input => no value => no value
mbstring.http_output => no value => no value
mbstring.http_output_conv_mimetypes => ^(text/|application/xhtml\+xml) => ^(text/|application/xhtml\+xml)
mbstring.internal_encoding => no value => no value
mbstring.language => neutral => neutral
mbstring.strict_detection => Off => Off
mbstring.substitute_character => no value => no value

mcrypt

mcrypt support => enabled
mcrypt_filter support => enabled
Version => 2.5.8
Api No => 20021217
Supported ciphers => cast-128 gost rijndael-128 twofish cast-256 loki97 rijndael-192 saferplus wake blowfish-compat des rijndael-256 serpent xtea blowfish enigma rc2 tripledes arcfour
Supported modes => cbc cfb ctr ecb ncfb nofb ofb stream

mcrypt.algorithms_dir => no value => no value
mcrypt.modes_dir => no value => no value

mysqli

MysqlI Support => enabled
Client API library version => mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 7e72f9690b1498a1bead7a637c33a831c0d2f655 $
Active Persistent Links => 0
Inactive Persistent Links => 0
Active Links => 0

mysqli.allow_local_infile => On => On
mysqli.allow_persistent => On => On
mysqli.default_host => no value => no value
mysqli.default_port => 3306 => 3306
mysqli.default_pw => no value => no value
mysqli.default_socket => no value => no value
mysqli.default_user => no value => no value
mysqli.max_links => Unlimited => Unlimited
mysqli.max_persistent => Unlimited => Unlimited
mysqli.reconnect => Off => Off
mysqli.rollback_on_cached_plink => Off => Off

mysqlnd

mysqlnd => enabled
Version => mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 7e72f9690b1498a1bead7a637c33a831c0d2f655 $
Compression => supported
core SSL => supported
extended SSL => not supported
Command buffer size => 4096
Read buffer size => 32768
Read timeout => 31536000
Collecting statistics => Yes
Collecting memory statistics => No
Tracing => n/a
Loaded plugins => mysqlnd,debug_trace,auth_plugin_mysql_native_password,auth_plugin_mysql_clear_password
API Extensions => mysqli,pdo_mysql

mysqlnd statistics =>
bytes_sent => 0
bytes_received => 0
packets_sent => 0
packets_received => 0
protocol_overhead_in => 0
protocol_overhead_out => 0
bytes_received_ok_packet => 0
bytes_received_eof_packet => 0
bytes_received_rset_header_packet => 0
bytes_received_rset_field_meta_packet => 0