cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento2 Dashboard does not respond after admin login.

Magento2 Dashboard does not respond after admin login.

Hi guys, I am having difficulties with admin login. Sorry if this issue is already old.
Magento2 installed successfully but I can't login with Chrome (as admin : whoops our bad message) but with Mozilla I am experience this issue: I can login with admin, but dashboard does not respond to any choices : Sales, Products, Customers, Content, Report, Marketing, System, when clicking does nothing! Only my account from dashboard page works but "save" does nothing ! (I can see all the links when hover with mouse ending with  ,,,,/key/........./#) inspecting element products give me this:<a href="#" onclick="return false;" class=""><span>Products</span></a>

if this help someone to help me.

I followed this installation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmyRQtJDypU
1) Installed fresh xampp latest installation control panel v3.2.2  on my Dell 7737 notebook Windows 10 x64  with 1st major update and UAC disabled.
2) Installed composer (no errors)
3) Copied and extracted zip file from git repository to a folder c:\xampp\htdocs\magento20
4) Installed composer at c:\xampp\htdocs\magento20\composer.json
5) I did create a MySQL db successfully
6) i have installed magento2 which ends with a successful installation but..

- no sample data installed

- I can access magento2 from  localhost/magento20.

Could you help me please?

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Magento2 Dashboard does not respond after admin login.

See the browser console for JavaScript and HTTP errors: https://mage2.pro/t/278

Thank u for answering my question!

This is the error from Chrome:

http://localhost/magento20/admin_7awmio/admin/index/index/key/84797335dfba01d954f60834b0f741ff404d44f2487c605186ce491b0dbc4577/ net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

With Mozilla I can login to admin dashboard but dashboard looks no responding when pressing any choices products etc.

This happens when you use localhost as your hostname. Please use a Virtual host with at least 2 dots to avoid this issue. Ref: alankent.me/2015/04/25/use-of-localhost-when-installing-magento-2-quick-note/

I have the same problem too. when i installed the magento 2.0.1 successfully  the report,system,product is unaccessible.

I have the same problem, too.

The Login works, but i can nothing change or choose.

Hello,

I am using the virtual host on my local machine in WAMP.

Successfully installed the Magento 2.0.2 version. My URL is " magento2.com ".

magento2.com is working fine on localhost, but magento2.com/admin not working completely, it is only giving the error " Connection Reset".

I have checked the log file and there is following message:

main.DEBUG: cache_invalidate:  {"method":"GET","url":"http://magento2.com/admin","invalidateInfo":{"tags":["interception","CONFIG"],"mode":"matchingTag"},... []

Please help to find some solution. It is annoying almost ruined my two days, but still no success.

Thanks & Regards

Rajnikant

Hello,

by my side i add to change the permission of:

/pub/static/_requirejs/adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_US/requirejs-config.js

requirejs-config.js call all needed stuff that's why nothing works on admin clicks.

so you must put at least 0755 on pub/static/ folder and files with 0644

if you are under shell ssh and inside the root of your installation do:

find pub/static/ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \; && find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Hope it helps

Thanks for the reply, but as I have mentioned that I have installed Magento 2 on my localhost on a windows OS and there is nothing any permission issue on WAMP localhost.

Thanks & Regards 

DO you have mod_rewrite turned on?