cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magnto 2 URL not work , admin portal URL too

SOLVED

Magnto 2 URL not work , admin portal URL too

hello active members, i wish get your help for my issue. i'm a newbie this magento e-commerce platform. IDK how to figure the solution for the problem i faced up in the last three days. problem: i installed the magento everything fine like PHP, composer, Apache server, MySQL & magento 2 too. but the URL isn't work in my chrome browser. 

if any info needed? please ask i'm ready to provide and wish to solve this problem. I hope ASAP i'll get response. Thanks..  

OTHER DETAILs: 

I'm currently using HP chromebook. it's running debian11 os(linux) version. 

the docs i used for my preffernce is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ho8U5ztd99kTKwkIlIjQERvVwjPzuXco/edit

if more detail concern this video i watched for install: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go1hnLJbu48

hariprabhu rajan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magnto 2 URL not work , admin portal URL too

Hello Hariprabhu Rajan,

I understand you're facing challenges with your Magento 2 installation, and I'm here to assist. To troubleshoot the issue with your URLs not working, let's check a few key points:

1. Web Server Configuration: Ensure that your Apache server is running correctly and configured to work with Magento 2. Double-check the virtual host configuration and make sure it's pointing to the correct directory.

2. Magento Configuration: Verify your Magento installation settings, especially the base URL configuration. This information is typically set during the installation process. Ensure it matches the URL you are trying to access.

3. File and Directory Permissions: Confirm that the file and directory permissions for your Magento installation are set correctly. Improper permissions can lead to URL access issues.

4. Magento Mode: Check the Magento mode (developer, production, or default) to ensure it aligns with your current development stage. This can be verified in the command line using bin/magento deploy:mode:show.

Given that you are using an HP Chromebook running Debian 11, also confirm that your environment meets Magento 2 system requirements.

If the issue persists, consider consulting with Magento hosting providers like Devrims. They can offer insights into server configurations and settings that may be contributing to the problem. Please provide specific error messages you encounter or any additional details, and I'll do my best to guide you through resolving this problem. Feel free to ask any questions, and let's work together to get your Magento 2 installation up and running smoothly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

base url: http://hari.magento.com/

hariprabhu rajan

Hello Hariprabhu Rajan,

I understand you're facing challenges with your Magento 2 installation, and I'm here to assist. To troubleshoot the issue with your URLs not working, let's check a few key points:

1. Web Server Configuration: Ensure that your Apache server is running correctly and configured to work with Magento 2. Double-check the virtual host configuration and make sure it's pointing to the correct directory.

2. Magento Configuration: Verify your Magento installation settings, especially the base URL configuration. This information is typically set during the installation process. Ensure it matches the URL you are trying to access.

3. File and Directory Permissions: Confirm that the file and directory permissions for your Magento installation are set correctly. Improper permissions can lead to URL access issues.

4. Magento Mode: Check the Magento mode (developer, production, or default) to ensure it aligns with your current development stage. This can be verified in the command line using bin/magento deploy:mode:show.

Given that you are using an HP Chromebook running Debian 11, also confirm that your environment meets Magento 2 system requirements.

If the issue persists, consider consulting with Magento hosting providers like Devrims. They can offer insights into server configurations and settings that may be contributing to the problem. Please provide specific error messages you encounter or any additional details, and I'll do my best to guide you through resolving this problem. Feel free to ask any questions, and let's work together to get your Magento 2 installation up and running smoothly.