cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating M1 to M2

SOLVED

Migrating M1 to M2

Hello at the moment my magento 1 store is hosted on a website hosting plan with no access to the server itself like running commands in a terminal so i was wondering how could i migrate from m1 to m2 on this kind of hosting plan. My store has over 20GB of files and a db of around 600MB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Migrating M1 to M2

@george_haros  Not sure if I understand the problem correctly. But here my 2 cents are:

• If you are thinking of having your Magento 2 site on the same hosting plan then please forget it and start looking for better hosting provider.
  • If you are thinking on how to get M1 from current hosting provider for the migration then you should be able to ask for backup of your current website code and DB.
  • There is no code can be of 20 GB. If you exclude logs and media folder it may come down to MB's.
  • You would have to do the migration on local dev environment and have your website ready.
  • It all can be planned as per your hosting / traffic on the website etc..
  • There are merchants who does not migrate data from M1. They just launch new website on M2. This is an option too in case...
- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @george_haros 
You can talk to your hosting provide and ask if they provide SSH access?
They may have some other plans compared to your current plan for it.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

@george_haros  Not sure if I understand the problem correctly. But here my 2 cents are:

• If you are thinking of having your Magento 2 site on the same hosting plan then please forget it and start looking for better hosting provider.
  • If you are thinking on how to get M1 from current hosting provider for the migration then you should be able to ask for backup of your current website code and DB.
  • There is no code can be of 20 GB. If you exclude logs and media folder it may come down to MB's.
  • You would have to do the migration on local dev environment and have your website ready.
  • It all can be planned as per your hosting / traffic on the website etc..
  • There are merchants who does not migrate data from M1. They just launch new website on M2. This is an option too in case...
- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.