cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x - Importing products list

SOLVED

Migration from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x - Importing products list

Hi there,

I've had two developers put this in the too hard basket so I'm hoping that someone here has a solution.

Building the new Magento 2 website for homebru.com.au  has caused us major issues and took some time to get to the final stage. 

We're now at the point where it could go live, however the products list has changed quite a bit as the customer has added/removed products since we uploaded the database the first time. 

Do you have a way to easily import the Magento 1 database to the new Magento 2 website?

Magento 1: homebru.com.au

Magento 2: homebru.com.au/newsite

We need to resolve this before we can go live so any advice or support would be appreciated. If you are a developer and can do this easily we can negotiate a rate to bring you on board to finish the job.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Migration from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x - Importing products list

I'm asuming those two developers weren't real developers but power users that called themselfs developers because they knew a bit of scripting. Database migration is a easy thing, especially for something like magento where everything is clearly defined. I

suggest to find a real developer that knows his sql or try one of the migration tools/options on your test environments and test the results. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Please respond here or email design@stayingintouch.com.au

I'm asuming those two developers weren't real developers but power users that called themselfs developers because they knew a bit of scripting. Database migration is a easy thing, especially for something like magento where everything is clearly defined. I

suggest to find a real developer that knows his sql or try one of the migration tools/options on your test environments and test the results. 

Thank you. It's quite hard when - in my situation - you know what you want, you don't know quite how to achieve it, and you're relying on the "expert" to know what they are doing, and it turns out that they don't have the experience they really should have to call themselves experts.