cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Magento2 setup page doesn't load.

My Magento2 setup page doesn't load.

I am new in Magento, and i am trying to install Magento2 in a online WHM cpanel.
I already installed Magento 1.9 and 2.0 in my laptop it work perfect. Then i copy the files from M2 and data base to my online WHM but it didn't work. Then I thought to install it directly in the server, but I run Composer in my laptop and create a new copy, and a new DB, and i tried the setup page so it worked localy. Then i zipped les files and copied to the online server. And created a new database at the server. I setted up the permissions 770 to directories and 660 for files. But i can't load the file /setup or even /setup/index.php . it show me

"404
Category not found"
If i check mi error_log in cloudssh terminal i found this:
[core:crit] [pid 9892] (13)Permission denied: [client 96.23.201.165:25726] AH00529: /home/admstmagento/public_html/.htaccess p
cfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable and that '/home/admstmagento/public_html/' is executable

The file permission local and at online server are 660 

What I am missing? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: My Magento2 setup page doesn't load.

What are permissions for the .htaccess file?

the permissions for the .htaccess file are 660, but even which 777 it doesn't work

Check your error logs. I was using FCGi and so the .htaccess setting +FollowSymLinks had to be changed to +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch.

HI,

I resolved my problem by giving 755 permission for directories and 644 for files.

But i think that I have many problems, because my WHM is running with root user and it must be Apache or www-data user.

Thanks