cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New instalation

New instalation

Hello, I'm new here because I'm trying to get out of woocommerce, I downloaded the following file:
Magento-CE-2.2.2_sample_data-2017-12-11-09-33-56

I gave 777 permissions to the following folders:
vendor
app / etc
pub / static
var
generated

When accessing the address, gave the following error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@loja.cws.inf.br to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, the Internal Error 500 was encountered while attempting to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

How do I get this?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New instalation

Hi @mcappell,

That message means you're getting an error 500 on your server.

You should check your webserver error log to see what it happening.

Also, you should take a look to this document: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/config-guide/prod/prod_file-sys-perms.html

Ussing 777 for file permissions isn't the right approach.

How do I proceed with a new installation? which files to download, what permissions to give?
Do I have to change something in .htacess or user.ini?

Help, I'm lost, I'm new here, I do not understand anything yet.

Hi @mcappell,

I won't be able to provide a magic answer because it will depends on your hosting service but normally you don't need to do anything in particular (at least with regular and well configured servers).

Your first message said:

When accessing the address, gave the following error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@loja.cws.inf.br to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, the Internal Error 500 was encountered while attempting to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Error 500 means there was an important error at webserver level so you should check your webserver error log to try to find where is the problem. You should be able to see a message related with that error 500.