cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly installed Magento "Too many redirect loops".

Newly installed Magento "Too many redirect loops".

Hi, I first started installing Magento since yesterday. I've been encountering errors but I was able to get past them. But now, after the installation process of Magento and it has directed me to the admin page it shows "This webpage has redirect a loop" . What should I do to solve this problem? Thank you.

-UPDATE-

It works fine on Firefix Mozilla.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Newly installed Magento "Too many redirect loops".

I also had the same issue when installing on an Inmotionhosting server. I was unable to resolve it, nor were they. 

It installed perfectly on a localhost (running in MAMP), so I suspect it had somethign to do w/ the server configuration.

-Justin

This could be because of usage of a top-level domain like localhost.

Hi there.

first, try to clean cookies and temporary files in the browser where it does not work. 

if this did not help, problem is in .htaccess or hosting setup for this website.

if it worked on your local install, .htaccess is probably fine unless you added something extra there.

If you are using new version of plesk, there is an option to select "prefered" domain (www or non-www) - disable that option - it causes problems with some shopping cart which have their own redirects. 

Hope this helps.

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

Hi,

I had this problem and it took a long time to figure out the cause.

Firstly, clearing everything that is cached by your browser should enable you to access the admin page but I found that no matter what I did, I couldn't access the admin from my iOS devices.

I believe the problem was because I reinstalled Magento (completely wiping the database first) and therefore reset all the settings to normal. I had previously set my 'Use Secure URLs in Admin', 'Enable HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS)' and 'Upgrade Insecure Requests' to 'Yes'. These obviously reset when I reinstalled Magento and getting these switched back on fixed my problems.

Hopefully this will help other people having the same issue.