cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems installing magento 2.1.1 CE and magento 1.9.3.1CE

Re: Problems installing magento 2.1.1 CE and magento 1.9.3.1CE

@Pierre FAY I tried your link it doesn't work.

I have since upgraded to apache 2.4 which I was informed that comes with mod_rewrites standard, although I don't see the socket file or the loading in httpd.conf. The running installation still doesn't deploy static files. 

I have since tried to install Magento 2.0.1 which comes as part of the apps on GoDaddy however always comes back with an error pertaining to the database.

I have attempted to install Magento 2.1.1 again as I did the version that only shows text, however, I get an error at 67% and when I go through the console log it doesn't show where the error is located.

I have tried to install Magento version 1.9.3.1 but when I accept the license agreement the continue button is still grayed out and I can't proceed.

I am close to giving up on Magento and trying a different platform.

After an arduous day of Magento installation HELL the lack of errors in the console Log brought me to another thread here which has some pointers on increasing the maximum_execution_time & the memory_limit. 

Finally, I was able to install Magento 2.1.1 successfully with only a problem of installing the sample data. No issue with that. Did not need to deploy static files either.

I will try to delete my other installation that only shows text. and reinstall it on the other website in the same fashion is this successful installation.

Last update;

The problem has been resolved and Magento 2.1.2 has been successfully installed and appearing in the correct format not just in text.

Much appreciation for the help rendered.

All the installations of Magento 2.1.2 are working well, except that the first installation started to give me the text for admin again.

It then worked as normal after redeploying the static content.

Is there a reason for that and will it be regular to redeloy static content?