cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products are not visible on the page

Products are not visible on the page

Hello everyone,

can't execute command 'php bin / magento indexer: reindex' because I don't have Elasticsearch installed on the panel and I don't have permission to install it.

I made the website in Magento 2.4.1 and the products are not visible on the page because I can't reindex and get the message "Catalog Search index exception: Could not ping search engine: No alive nodes found in your cluster". I need advice on how to solve this problem? Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Products are not visible on the page

Hello, 
Please follow the following doc to install the Elasticsearch because new installations require a connection to Elasticsearch to complete.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/deb.html 

if it can't help then please do the following mapping in your core_config_data database table and then try to run the command.

bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/engine elasticsearch7
bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/elasticsearch7_server_hostname elasticsearch
bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/elasticsearch7_server_port 9200
bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/elasticsearch7_index_prefix magento2
bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/elasticsearch7_enable_auth 0
bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/elasticsearch7_server_timeout 15

Thanks.

My problem is that I can't run the command 'php bin / magento indexer: reindex'
in the terminal on cpanel web hosting because I don't have elasticsearch installed on cpanel and I don't have permission to install it. 
Sorry if you gave me an answer but I didn't understand it.

My problem is that I can't run the command 'php bin / magento indexer: reindex'in the terminal on cpanel web hosting because I don't have elasticsearch installed on cpanel and I don't have permission to install it.

@jpbms2009g05ac 

Please make sure the following points:

1) The elastic search is running
2) Check the following in the elasticsearch.yml
transport.host: localhost or your host
transport.host: localhost
http.port: 9200
network.host : 0.0.0.0 or your domain ip

3) Your Host and port should be like this: 'host':'port'.
Eg: 'localhost:9200' or 'yourhost:9200' 
You can find "ElasticSearch Server Host Name" and "ElasticSearch Server Port" at 
System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Elastic Configuration.
Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

Re: I don't have elasticsearch on cpanel

@Sanjay Jethva wrote:

@jpbms2009g05ac 

Please make sure the following points:

1) The elastic search is running
2) Check the following in the elasticsearch.yml
transport.host: localhost or your host
transport.host: localhost
http.port: 9200
network.host : 0.0.0.0 or your domain ip

3) Your Host and port should be like this: 'host':'port'.
Eg: 'localhost:9200' or 'yourhost:9200' 
You can find "ElasticSearch Server Host Name" and "ElasticSearch Server Port" at 
System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Elastic Configuration.

I can't run elasticsearch on cpanel because I have shared hosting and elasticsearch is not installed. Thanks for your reply

@arjunkumar9fce wrote:

Hello, 
Please follow the following doc to install the Elasticsearch because new installations require a connection to Elasticsearch to complete.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/deb.html 

if it can't help then please do the following mapping in your core_config_data database table and then try to run the command.

bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/engine elasticsearch7
bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/elasticsearch7_server_hostname elasticsearch
bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/elasticsearch7_server_port 9200
bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/elasticsearch7_index_prefix magento2
bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/elasticsearch7_enable_auth 0
bin/magento config:set --lock-env catalog/search/elasticsearch7_server_timeout 15

Thanks.

My problem is that I can't run the command 'php bin / magento indexer: reindex'in the terminal on cpanel web hosting because I don't have elasticsearch installed on cpanel and I don't have permission to install it.

As of Magento 2.4, all installations must be configured to use Elasticsearch as the catalog search solution. You can find more documents here
So you need to install Elasticsearch to be able to perform other functions on the Magento website.

If issue solved, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution.
LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool