cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure SSH cmdline Magento 2.2.2 install with Nginx 1.13

SOLVED

Pure SSH cmdline Magento 2.2.2 install with Nginx 1.13

Hi I am new to Magento so it's first time installing it on my own LEMP stack. I read all the Magento 2.2.2 documentation for pure SSH cmdline install via composer download and Magento binary cmd line install method and to help me learn I wrote and put up the steps on Github at https://github.com/centminmod/centminmod-magento2. I'm looking for feedback, corrections or suggestions for the steps I outlined. Any feedback is very much appreciated Smiley Happy

I do have a few quick questions too

1. the /bin/magento cache:flush command does that also flush redis setup default, page cache and session caching as well ? or do I need to do a redis-cli FLUSHALL for that as well ?

2. using magento sample data warns not to do it in production mode but switch to developer mode http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/install-gde/trouble/tshoot_sample-data.html#trouble-samp-prod. Does that mean after installing sample data in developer mode, I can switch back to production mode ? In documentation it says switching from production to developer mode needs a few steps like

php $WEBROOT/bin/magento deploy:mode:set developer
rm -rf generated/code/* generated/metadata/*
php $WEBROOT/bin/magento cache:status
php $WEBROOT/bin/magento cache:flush

But do I need to do any steps switching back from developer mode to production mode after installing sample data ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pure SSH cmdline Magento 2.2.2 install with Nginx 1.13

1. You need to flush cache using redis cli,

redis-cli FLUSHALL to flush your redis cache.

2. You can revert back to production mode from developer mode at any stage or anytime in your system. It does not create an issue for you.

You need to just run magento 2 deploy:mode:set developer/production command to set your magento mode.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

1. You need to flush cache using redis cli,

redis-cli FLUSHALL to flush your redis cache.

2. You can revert back to production mode from developer mode at any stage or anytime in your system. It does not create an issue for you.

You need to just run magento 2 deploy:mode:set developer/production command to set your magento mode.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Thanks Rakesh for the clarification Smiley Happy

Since yesterday I have updated my pure SSH command line Magento 2.2.2 install guide including benchmarks with and without redis caching. Feedback and suggestions are appreciated as I am still learning https://github.com/centminmod/centminmod-magento2 Smiley Happy