cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reindex commands not working

SOLVED

Reindex commands not working

Hello,

While using admin panel in a new sandbox org of Magento2 hosted on Ubuntu, I got an error saying I need to re-index.  I googled instruction how to do that, but when I log in to the command line and go to the magento install directory, "magento" does not seem to be a valid command, so I cannot use "magento indexer:info".

The error message is "magento: command not found".

How can I reindex?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reindex commands not working

Hi,

Run this command for reindex : 

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

If problem solve mark as accept

Thanks 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Run this command for reindex : 

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

If problem solve mark as accept

Thanks 

Thanks, that worked after I found the directory and added "sudo".

please may I ask what command line you'Re talking about? In every tutorial I can see the same answer: "type into the command line ...". But no on one is even explaining where that command line should be! I'm using cpanel on life host, and filezilla to manage the files. Not even my hosting provider knows, where I should that command into. Could you please describe the location, where I can find the place for typing in the reindex command line?

thank you!

I am trying to run

php magento indexer:reindex

However it is returning

An exception was raised while creating "Request"; no instance returned

When I SSH into the server and run PHP -V I get PHP 7.3.18 however I am using Magento 2.2.7 from what I understand this version of magento does not support PHP 7.3

Please can someone help a newbie out as I am trying to reindex the site manually as the backend interface no longer reindexs

My root folder is public_html and I am able to change folders to bin folder but there are no other folders inside the bin folder in this normal ?

Thanks

Open your cmd. go to magento bin directory path using CLI. Your path like C:\wamp\www\magento2\bin. (if wamp is installed on C directory) Now You have to enter command php magento indexer:reindex All indexing are successfully reindex. That's correct.

I hope this will help to resolve your query.

Best Regards,

Apps4Rent