cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'magento'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Re: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'magento'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Please compare your root password with the password which you have give in your app/etc/env.php file, Thanks !! db => [connection' => ['default' => ['password' => 'password']

Re: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'magento'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Please compare your root password with the password mentioned in the app/etc/env.php file, Thanks

My database password has special characters, but I didn't escape the special characters in my password.

By adding a backslash before the special characters (! # ' " ` & ; and $), I was able to run the command successfully. Hope that it can help you if your database password has special characters. Thank you.

Hello @jason_long 

Can you please confirm that you import DB uses any DEFINER in any table??? 

For checking this you need to export the db by 

mysqdump -u<username> -p<password> <db_name> > db_name.sql

Then Run below command

grep -rnw ./db_name.sql -e 'DEFINER' 

if you get any return value than run below command 

sed -i 's/DEFINER=`root`@`localhost`/ /g' db_name.sql

This command will replace your DEFINER root to NULL so, you can access with the current Database user.

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Thank you
Anant Prajapati
Magento Certified Developer

Use  DB host = 127.0.0.1  instead of localhost 

I am facing same issue and i am using xxamp kindly guide me.I am stuck magento installing process last 3 days. if you can guide me so please guide whole installation process from 1 to 10 Thank You

Thank you! I was really stuck on this then I realized that the auto generated password put a $ symbol in it.

Good spot - quoting the password makes no difference. How on earth is this not flagged in the setup guide!? All passwords should include special characters!!

My information base secret word has unique characters, however I didn't get away from the uncommon characters in my secret phrase.

By adding an oblique punctuation line before the extraordinary characters (! # ' " ' and ; and $), I had the option to run the order effectively. Trust that it can help you assuming your data set secret word has extraordinary characters. Much obliged to you.

i am using xampp and having the same issue.what should i do now?