cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session Error Message when trying fresh install of Magento CE 2.1.8

SOLVED

Session Error Message when trying fresh install of Magento CE 2.1.8

Hi guys!  I am trying to do a clean install of Magento CE 2.1.8 and whether I use composer or the setup wizard, I keep getting the same error: 

[Exception] Warning: SessionHandler::read(): open(tcp://127.0.0.1:6379/sess_c7ugmc5us6me083k74n17mums4, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/mystore/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler/Nativ
e.php on line 22

Command line, my install config options are as follows (with sensitive data being replaced my 'test'):

magento setup:install --base-url=https://mystore.com/ --db-host=localhost --db-name=mydb --db-user=test --db-password=test --admin-firstname=Test --admin-lastname=Test --admin-email=test@mystore.com --admin-user=test --admin-password=test --language=en_US --currency=USD --timezone=America/Chicago --cleanup-database --session-save=files --use-rewrites=1

During the setup wizard, I do have Session Save set to "Files."   My sessions are handled by Redis and the port referred to in the error message is correct (6379).  

I don't understand why it's having a problem with the session as prior to this I had Magento CE 2.1.6 running on it.  (I wanted a clean reset without all the migration data so I wiped it and started fresh)

I've double checked permissions and everything looks normal.

Here's what I'm running: PHP: 7.0.18, Nginx 1.13.3, mysql 5.6.36, Redis, Varnish.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Session Error Message when trying fresh install of Magento CE 2.1.8

Turns out you can't have Redis manage the sessions until AFTER Magento is installed. Had to go into php.ini and set the php sessions handler to files and comment out the path to redis.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Turns out you can't have Redis manage the sessions until AFTER Magento is installed. Had to go into php.ini and set the php sessions handler to files and comment out the path to redis.

Please add the below code in app/etc/env.php and it will works fine.

array (
'save' => 'files',
'save_path' => '/tmp',
),