cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow magento 2 after using the migration tool

SOLVED

Slow magento 2 after using the migration tool

Hi,

I have installed magento2 (no data) on my local debian server with varnish cache.

Both frontend and admin panel are working without any problem.

I have used the data migration tool to import my magento 1.9.2.2 settings/data.

The settings and data migrations were completed successfully, but after the migrations every click on the frontend or the admin panel is very slow (30 seconds or more).

It looks like some settings or some extension data from the 1.9.2.2 broke my magento 2.

I have used the file permission as advice in the documents:

mageuser@myserver:/var/www/magento2$ chown -R :www-data .

mageuser@myserver:/var/www/magento2$ sudo find . -type d -exec chmod 770 {} \; && find . -type f -exec chmod 660 {} \; && chmod u+x bin/magento

I have used reindex and clean cache from the command line.

Any idea on how to debug the speed problem?

Thx

Avi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Slow magento 2 after using the migration tool

I found a solution.

The problem in my case is some Magento 1 extensions data in core_config_data.

In order to avoid these extensions data,I have ran the data migration tool and then replaced the core_config_data table with a fresh copy of the Magento 2 table. Now after 3 weeks of hard work, magento 2 runs very fast.

It was very hard to clean my Magento1 from all the extensions. Some extensions create new tables and some of them add data and new fields to existing Magento table. Still I don't know which extension caused the problem.

I think that the data migration tool should have an option to migrate products, sales, customers data without the general settings. It took me few minutes to configure them manually in Magento 2.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Please ensure that all the cache types are enabled.

The status of all the Cache types is ENABLED

This may be because your MySQL database is not optimized for the increased amount of data.

Try move it to a SSD and give it more RAM.

I found a solution.

The problem in my case is some Magento 1 extensions data in core_config_data.

In order to avoid these extensions data,I have ran the data migration tool and then replaced the core_config_data table with a fresh copy of the Magento 2 table. Now after 3 weeks of hard work, magento 2 runs very fast.

It was very hard to clean my Magento1 from all the extensions. Some extensions create new tables and some of them add data and new fields to existing Magento table. Still I don't know which extension caused the problem.

I think that the data migration tool should have an option to migrate products, sales, customers data without the general settings. It took me few minutes to configure them manually in Magento 2.

in my case the workaround is to disable CSS merging.

Now, I am looking for the real problem in order to be able to re-enable CSS merging.

Any idea?

I had also to manually remove  a lot of records in core_config_data (belonging to unused M1 extensions), in order to be able to run cron jobs and solve other small issues.

Thanks for sharing this advise! Disabling both css & js merging under Store -> Configuration -> Developer also did the trick for me. Note that manually updating these values in core_config_data didn't work for me, probably because the configuration cache didn't get flushed.