cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store structure and installation

Store structure and installation

Hello! What can you advise in this situation? I am going to open about 10 online stores in different countries of Europe. Each store will have its own domain name (site.pl, site.fr, site.de etc). Each store will be in the language of the country. Product availability will be the same (500 different titles), but for each country they will be edited according to demand. As I understand, there are 2 options - open a separate account for each store or make one general account as a multi-store. As I see using one account, all management goes through a common admin panel. How is the best to do in this situation? What can you advise on the hosting company? If I buy a plugin for site - does it apply to a general account (if a multi-store) or to each domain I must buy separately? Thanks in advance for the tips.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Store structure and installation

We have one Magento installation for multiple websites; site.fr, site,de, ... . We only have a single account to add products and assign them to the websites. Some stores have a different store view in there own language, for example Belgium has site.be/nl, site.be/fr, ...

We went with a domain from each country + ip

Most plugins are installed and available for the complete Magento installation; we do have one specific plugin that uses a domain based licensing model. 

Thank you. Can you advice a hosting company?

I have multiple machines at Hypernode (it's not cheap).