cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to setup Magneto2 on Mamp

SOLVED

Struggling to setup Magneto2 on Mamp

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before tried having a look and couldnt see it.

I have installed Mamp on my mac to run a test magento website on my localhost. I have downloaded the latest version of magento and put it into a folder called 'site' in my htdocs folder. Unzipped the contents and then proceeded to run the Appache and MYsql server.

When I load the site up I just get this error:

localhost is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

I have gone into my httpd.conf file and allowed for mod_rewrite all but still nothing? I cant even load the setup wizard. Feels so disheartening not even being able to load the **bleep** thing to learn!

Thanks again for any help,
Greg 
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Struggling to setup Magneto2 on Mamp

hi!

Thankyou for the helpful reply!

I actually managed to fix the issue myself luckily! Basically it was the php level. It was loading 7.3 which doesnt seem to work with Magento2. Managed to change the level on the preferences tab. Feel like such a noob ha Smiley Happy 

Thanks again!

Greg

View solution in original post

Hi @gregoryclayton 

Yes - this is issue is mainly related to .htaccess file !

In your magento 2 root directory - .htaccess file  is not there - so kindly create .htaccess file in the root directory of Magento 2 and put this content in it - https://github.com/magento/magento2/blob/2.3-develop/.htaccess

it will resolved your issue - hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @gregoryclayton 

I understand the problem you are facing.

Here i would suggest you will require to enable error log to check the exact issue.

So go to your Magento 2 root directory in that app directory - you will find bootstrap.php file

from there uncomment the line by removing # (Hash) - #ini_set('display_errors', 1);

then check on the browser it will print the exact error - and if its still not print then put below code in your index.php file :

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

once its done it will showcase error on the browser then please share what error it is showing so its help us to troubleshoot the issue.

Hope it helps !

hi!

Thankyou for the helpful reply!

I actually managed to fix the issue myself luckily! Basically it was the php level. It was loading 7.3 which doesnt seem to work with Magento2. Managed to change the level on the preferences tab. Feel like such a noob ha Smiley Happy 

Thanks again!

Greg

Hi @gregoryclayton 

Glad to know that you have resolved your issue.

Happy to help and keep helping others Smiley Happy

So kinda got stuck again Smiley Sad

Managed to install magento2. Took a while after playing around with the php levels and stuff I finally got there.

Issue I have now is with my fresh magento2 installation the home page (luna theme) loads perfectly but any other link on there wont work. Cant click on the admin area, comes up with  this error below:

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

This error is the same if I click on any page such as the cookies, contact, advanced search ect. 

I assume it is an issue with htacess/apache writing urls but I cant figure it out. I am using PHP 7.1.3 on MAMP. Cant believe the struggle I have had so far just installing this on my localhost Smiley Sad Can anyone shed any light? Thanks again

Hi @gregoryclayton 

Yes - this is issue is mainly related to .htaccess file !

In your magento 2 root directory - .htaccess file  is not there - so kindly create .htaccess file in the root directory of Magento 2 and put this content in it - https://github.com/magento/magento2/blob/2.3-develop/.htaccess

it will resolved your issue - hope it helps !

Legend. Worked perfectly Smiley Happy

Curious question why does it not come with the .zip file? 

Hi @gregoryclayton 

Thanks - happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy

It is comes up with default may be something wrong happen otherwise it is there.

How did you change PHP level? 

EDIT: Just found at MAMP> Preference.