cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try again

Re: The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try a

I was experiencing the same issue with Magento 2.4.6.

Steps

1. Created an admin user.
  2. Go to the admin login screen, Tried to log in with the new username and password, but it was throwing "The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily"

The solution worked for me

I have set a long expiration date for the user. The reason why I set this when I create the user Magento automatically set the expiration date to passed time on the same date, which I wasn't aware.

And Magento forcefully disables the user if he is passed the expiry date.

vendor/magento/module-security/Observer/AdminUserAuthenticateBefore.php

The second line modifies the user whenever you tried with an expired user.

if ($user->getId() && $this->userExpirationManager->isUserExpired($user->getId())) {
       $this->userExpirationManager->deactivateExpiredUsersById([$user->getId()]);
         throw new AuthenticationException(
             __(
             'The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. '
                    . 'Please wait and try again later.'
                )
            );
        }

Look at this table for more details admin_user_expiration. For me, there was a record associated with the user I created.

Changing to a future date solved me, also you can delete this entry from the database.

I know this is not the solution to the underlying problem, but this helps to alleviate some pain when dealing this with in the production systems.

Re: The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try a

It seems like you've entered a message that might be related to an account issue or sign-in problem. If you're facing difficulties with a specific account, I recommend taking the following steps:

1. Check your Credentials: Make sure you're entering the correct username and password for the account. Double-check for any typos or mistakes.

2. Account Status: If you're sure your credentials are correct, check if your account is temporarily disabled or locked. This could happen due to multiple failed login attempts or other security reasons.

3. Password Reset: If you can't remember your password or suspect that it might be incorrect, try using the "Forgot Password" or "Reset Password" option on the platform's sign-in page.

4. Contact Support: If you've tried the steps above and still can't sign in, consider reaching out to the platform's support team for assistance. They can provide guidance on account recovery or any issues you might be facing.

Please note that the steps may vary depending on the specific platform or service you're trying to access. If you provide more context or information about the platform, I can try to offer more tailored advice.

Founder @ Magemonkeys.com