cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why.

I have installed Magento 2 and all its dependencies, I am certain that the base URL is correct.

Whenever I try to access localhost/magento24 I get the following:

Please note that this is happening for all pages and even the /admin as well.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 112510.pngAny help would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why.

Its a common error when trying to access your new Magento 2 installation. There are a few things you can try to resolve this:

• In the admin go to System > Index Management and rebuild the various catalog indexes, especially the URL rewrites. This is because the sample data doesn't have it's paths stored to begin with, it needs to be calculated.

• Check file and folder permissions. The web server user needs read/write access to directories like var/, pub/static/, app/etc for Magento to function properly.
  • Flush the cache and generated content. Delete folders under var/cache/, var/page_cache/, var/generation/. Then reload the page to regenerate fresh content.
  • Make sure mod_rewrite is enabled on your web server and the .htaccess file is present in the Magento pub/ folder. This allows proper routing and rewriting of URLs.

Hello, thank you for your response but these were all done except Step 1 since I can't access the admin side as well.

@ibtisamdev8aefconnections game wrote:

Its a common error when trying to access your new Magento 2 installation. There are a few things you can try to resolve this:

• In the admin go to System > Index Management and rebuild the various catalog indexes, especially the URL rewrites. This is because the sample data doesn't have it's paths stored to begin with, it needs to be calculated.

• Check file and folder permissions. The web server user needs read/write access to directories like var/, pub/static/, app/etc for Magento to function properly. 
  • Flush the cache and generated content. Delete folders under var/cache/, var/page_cache/, var/generation/. Then reload the page to regenerate fresh content.
  • Make sure mod_rewrite is enabled on your web server and the .htaccess file is present in the Magento pub/ folder. This allows proper routing and rewriting of URLs.

Hello, in the first step, where is the admin section?