cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The slider and products are gone

The slider and products are gone

Hello There,

After installing Porto Magento theme, I just changed banner and slider images in the content/pages area. I also added four simple products. I made these changes in the HTML version of the homepage and only edited those elements which were absolutely essential.

However, now the slider images are all gone. The product images are missing too. For comparison purposes, will you please have a look at the Porto theme and then my website to see the difference?

Porto sample theme

https://www.portotheme.com/magento2/porto/demo12_en

My website

https://www.fashionbazar.com/

I can not get support from them. Could anyone please let me know how could I bring these slider and product images back?

Thanks for willing to help.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: The slider and products are gone

Hi @maqsood,

If you inspect the source code "owl-carousel" class is set to "display:none". Please check the following file.

https://www.fashionbazar.com/pub/static/version1545747023/frontend/Smartwave/porto/en_US/owl.carouse...

But carousel slideshow is not working. If we compare "banner-slider-demo-12" div in both page, some elements/div tags are missing. So, please make sure you did the changes in the right place. 

Prema M

Hi @maqsood,

Maybe in the back end there is any configuration error affect your site.

If my answer is useful, give kudos

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Porto theme does not support the wysiwyg editor. You should turn it off when you want to edit the HTML.

The theme developers say it is not a bug, they say the wysiwyg editor breaks their coding.

From what I can see, they've put some inline javascript for the OWL Carousel into the html and the wysiwyg editor strips the javascript when it loads the editor.

Log in to the Admin Panel and go to Store>Configuration>General>Content Management and disable the wysiwyg editor by default.

It's not an elegant solution, but it works.

@dalydesign wrote:

Porto theme does not support the wysiwyg editor. You should turn it off when you want to edit the HTML.

The theme developers say it is not a bug, they say the wysiwyg editor breaks their coding.

From what I can see, they've put some inline javascript for the OWL Carousel into the html and the wysiwyg editor strips the javascript when it loads the editor.

Log in to the Admin Panel and go to Store>Configuration>General>Content Management and disable the wysiwyg editor by default.

I got the same reply from the theme devs, "This isn't a bug. You used the WYSIWYG editor and it broke the theme." For one, we didn't use the WYSIWYG editor, we made edits to the raw html in the block. Even with the WYSIWYG editor disabled by default, we are seeing this issue. Even after re-importing the demo blocks and pages, the issue persists. I can see a "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input" error on the front end, if you remove the content of the block in question, the error will disappear. Something is happening upon save or compilation of these blocks that is causing them to break.

There is so much issue with porto theme after disable content management .Hover event and related product slider is not working in inline

@codestr wrote:

@dalydesign wrote:

I got the same reply from the theme devs, "This isn't a bug. You used the WYSIWYG editor and it broke the theme." For one, we didn't use the WYSIWYG editor, we made edits to the raw html in the block. Even with the WYSIWYG editor disabled by default, we are seeing this issue. Even after re-importing the demo blocks and pages, the issue persists. I can see a "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input" error on the front end, if you remove the content of the block in question, the error will disappear. Something is happening upon save or compilation of these blocks that is causing them to break.

Anyone has any solution to this? We are facing the same problem and not sure what to do. Disabled the Wysiwig completely but still having the same issue

Thanks