cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNOFFICIAL: Successfully Installing Magento 2 (Tips & Tricks)

UNOFFICIAL: Successfully Installing Magento 2 (Tips & Tricks)

*** UNOFFICIAL and for dev purposes***

Use at your own risk but below is the only way I found to get Magento 2.0 working at first attempt. Hope it helps some of you who, like myself, do not necessarily have 72hrs just to figure out how to install this beast!

Steps below resolves the issues of not having img and css showing up… among other issues.

Assuming you already have a host running (min) PHP 5.5 and MySQL 5.6, follow the steps below to get your demo store up & running within minutes.

STEP 1

Download the Magento 2 package and extract onto your webserver (e.g. in /public_html/)

STEP 2

Open your php.ini and change where it reads always_populate_raw_post_data = On to

always_populate_raw_post_data = -1

Step 3

If you have SSH access to your host, run the command below on everything in the /public_html/ folder (literally). You can adjust the perms later to your requirements. This is just to get Magento 2.0 to install correctly and populate its library without issues. If you do not have SSH access, ask your hosting co's tech support to run it on your behalf.

find . -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \; && find . -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \;

Step 4

Open the two files below and change 770 to 775, and, change 660 to 664

FILE:       /vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/DriverInterface.php
               (WRITEABLE_DIRECTORY_MODE and WRITEABLE_FILE_MODE)

FILE:       /lib/internal/Cm/Cache/Backend/File.php

(directory_mode and file_mode)

Step 5

Install Magento: Go to your www.domain.com/setup/ and follow the instructions!

Step 6

Finally enjoy what appears to be the best and most amazing ecommerce platform in the world!

PS: Don't forget to adjust the files and permissions on your server to what is likely to be the most secured ones. Whatever this means Smiley Wink

Hops this helps anyone. Do contribute if you think that I've missed anything

2 REPLIES 2

Re: UNOFFICIAL: Successfully Installing Magento 2 (Tips & Tricks)

You will all agree that the above steps are for someone with very limited knowledge of Linux and PHP. Also, for someone who hope to have a web presence (start-up) without needing to hire (very) expansive developers, or learning Linux System Administration overnight.

I do recommend you to hire/pay a security advisor if you plan on using Magento 2.0 for production (LIVE store). My next step!

Re: UNOFFICIAL: Successfully Installing Magento 2 (Tips & Tricks)

hi,can you install magento 2 on my bluehost server,