cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Magento 2.1.6 to latest

Updating Magento 2.1.6 to latest

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice. I'm looking for a developer to update my old 2.1.6 Store to the latest and spend some time improving a few features. I've posted the job on a freelancing site but i'm being advised by what seems like a very good company that I'd be better off either sticking with what I have or developing a new site from scratch on 2.3.8.. at a large cost.

Will the theme that I'm using work with the latest version? I don't have any modules or plugins installed that I'm aware of.

Any advise would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Updating Magento 2.1.6 to latest

hi @lakshadvio60d3 ,

You want to update your store to the latest version, so you need an expert developer for that who has expertise in it, I am suggesting you a company CEDCommerce . you can consult with them. They are the official partners of  Magento and have 10+years experienced developers

If you're sure that you have no modules installed, and your theme isn't a tragedy of some sort. Then the upgrade is possible to be done easily within a few days.

However, a junior developer would apparently take a bit longer.

Along with hiring a group of senior developers, you should try contact some shopping cart migration experts to migrate data from your old store to your new store. Free demo are available, so don't be reluctant to give it a try.