cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating MySQL 5.5 to 5.6 for a Magento 2 Install on a Server with 1.9.1.0 Already Installed

SOLVED

Updating MySQL 5.5 to 5.6 for a Magento 2 Install on a Server with 1.9.1.0 Already Installed

Hi,

I'm currently rebuilding and old 1.3x site on 2.x and decided to migrate from the server it was on (dedicated - running Cpanel/WHM) to another that has a version of 1.9.1.0 installed to cut costs... Thought this would be a pretty easy process but it's proving to be a bit of a headache...

Basically I've got it all up and running with PHP7 and have all the relevant extension and permissions but it's now telling me that I need MySQL 5.6... I can upgrade using WHM on the server but it;s global so what I need to know is am I going to get any issues with the 1.9x production site when updating MySQL??

I can't afford for the 1.9x site to go down and to compound the issues I have a custom ODBC connection that works to link Magento with Filemaker Pro... Any idea if this will be affected?

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Updating MySQL 5.5 to 5.6 for a Magento 2 Install on a Server with 1.9.1.0 Already Installed

Hello @duncan_eagles,

If your magento 1 version is magento 1.9.x You dont need to hesitate for upgrade your mysql version from 5.5 to 5.6.

• Magento CE 1.9.x support MySQL versions upto 5.6.x.

Before proceed with any changes you have to take backup first for your safety.

If your Magento 1 version  1.9.0 or below version your site might have effect.

So you are secure for upgrade your mysql version for version 1.9.1.x https://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/magento/system-requirements.html

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Updating MySQL 5.5 to 5.6 for a Magento 2 Install on a Server with 1.9.1.0 Already Installed

Hello @duncan_eagles,

If your magento 1 version is magento 1.9.x You dont need to hesitate for upgrade your mysql version from 5.5 to 5.6.

• Magento CE 1.9.x support MySQL versions upto 5.6.x.

Before proceed with any changes you have to take backup first for your safety.

If your Magento 1 version  1.9.0 or below version your site might have effect.

So you are secure for upgrade your mysql version for version 1.9.1.x https://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/magento/system-requirements.html

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

That's great... Thanks ...

Do you have any idea if the custom ODBC link to Filemaker we have could realistically be affected by this update?

Should I contact the developer to ensure compatibility or do you think the table structure is similar enough to negate any issues here?

Thanks again...

Thanks, just to let you know that this worked fine...

Everything is working on the other site but there does seem to be an issue with the install of Magento 2:

When Running the install everyting works fine but as soon as I switch to view the admin I get the following :

Not Found

The requested URL /mage_admin/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.35 (cPanel) OpenSSL/1.0.2p mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.sonic8.com Port 80

Also the main URL has zero styling and all the links on the page give the same error!I have been through the setup guides, have spoken to the server admins and mod_rewrite is installed... All permissions seem to be fine too...Any ideas?