cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website, store, storeviews - what is needed to achieve my needs?

Website, store, storeviews - what is needed to achieve my needs?

Hi Magento-fellowers.

Im about to setup a new M.2.2 installation with two different languages, danish and english.
Danish: Must be in DKK currency - with danish translations.
English: Must be in EURO currency - with english translations

And ofc. with a language/currencly switcher.

They will share the same ROOT-catalog.  

But do i need i need to create a new english website, or if its enough just to create a english storeview here?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Website, store, storeviews - what is needed to achieve my needs?

Hi @hoeksaps,

The short answer is "No new website, just a store view".

Maybe you would like to check the user guide to check if the whole idea about storeviews and languages is clear: http://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/stores/websites-stores-views.html

Hi Damian

And thank you for getting in touch.

Yup, i already read that - but after reading several forum topic around i got yet again a little bit confused.

Maybe i wasn't clear enough in my first post here. 
E.g.
Prices: I want to be able to enter my own prices manually on each website (danish and euro) and not having the automated price-currency-converter. 

So to achieve this, i will need another website, i assume? 

Furthermore, when having another website, is it possible to add the 'language-switcher', or will this only work if its created with storeviews? (We can ofc. just make it a regular 'link', but we want to make it possible to choose language and currency on each language)

(Price-attribute can have the state of "Global" or "Website" - so assume a storeview can't 
So in danish: Clients can choose to see prices in Euro (And the other way around)

Hi @hoeksaps,

If you want to set the price manually for each website, as you said, you need to change the price configuration from global to website.

Then you should be able to apply the prices in that way.

And, of course, you will need 2 websites, 1 store group per website and at least 1 store view per store group.

The out-of-the-box language switcher (is the store view switcher) works only between store views on the same website. So maybe you should need to build your own website switcher (is not part of Magento but there are a lot of examples).

Hi @Damian Culotta

Yeah, i definitely get your point.

If magento had a default option called 'Round currencies", i think the earth will be better place Smiley Happy

Example:

If i got a danish price, e.g. 200dkk, the price in euro will be 26,66 (I would like it just to show 27 here)

About checkout, i see that the product price will stay in the store-view currency, but in the field "Your creditcart will be charged for: DKK CURRENCY") (Please see the added link to imgur showing what i mean)

I assume we can manipulate it directly in the code? 

Currency - checkout

Hi @hoeksaps,

The PayPal integration use the base currency only (is an old issue/situation with PayPal integration).

No all the payment modules allows you to use the currency you're seeing at the checkout but the base currency.

Since I haven't tested yet on M2 I can't recommend one solution or another.

I know here is where that message is printed: https://github.com/magento/magento2/blob/2.2-develop/app/code/Magento/Paypal/view/frontend/templates...

Maybe you can try to convert the value at that point to show the right currency and amount.