cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Magento Ecommerce?

What is Magento Ecommerce?

Magento is an ecommerce platform built on open source technology which provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, content and functionality of their online store. Magento offers powerful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: What is Magento Ecommerce?

It used to be that but no more...

Magento is an open-source built-in PHP, which helps programmers to build eCommerce websites.

Magento is the most powerful and popular ecommerce platform in digital marketplace. It is the most search engine friendly, open source ecommerce platform. This means you will have rich features in your sites to manage content, looks and functionality of the store with magento 2 extensions.

Magento Versions:

1. Magento Community Edition (free)
  2. Magento Enterprise Edition (paid)
  3. Magento Go (paid & hosted on Magento’s servers)

I am very interested in optimizing the shopping cart in my online store. I want both to see what the customer adds, review their preferences, and keep track of what they are browsing and what they want to buy. If marketing services would allow me to do this, I could implement a system https://revenuegrid.com/ to improve sales and increase profits. On other sites, I've seen that if a customer doesn't buy an item, but it's in their cart, they remove it from sales to get the customer to buy it by personal code.