cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic site in magento

dynamic site in magento

Hello dears! I would like to know if i can set up a dynamic site in magento, I mean without prices of products and shopping cart. (sorry for my english Smiley Very Happy )

2 REPLIES 2

Re: dynamic site in magento

Yes, it is possible to set up a dynamic site in Magento without prices of products and a shopping cart. Here are the general steps you can follow:

1. Install Magento as you would normally.

2. Go to the Magento admin panel and disable the shopping cart and checkout functionality. You can do this by going to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Checkout and setting "Enable Shopping Cart" and "Enable Onepage Checkout" to "No".

3. Remove the price display from the front-end of the website. You can do this by modifying the product view templates and removing the price blocks.

4. If you want to display the products without prices, you can set up a catalog mode in Magento. To do this, go to Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Catalog and set "Enable Catalog Mode" to "Yes". This will hide the prices for all products on the front-end of the website.

By following these steps, you can set up a dynamic site in Magento without prices of products and a shopping cart. Keep in mind that Magento is a powerful e-commerce platform, so it may have more features than you need for a non-e-commerce website. You may want to consider using a simpler content management system (CMS) if you don't need the e-commerce features of Magento.

Re: dynamic site in magento

Yes, it is possible to set up a dynamic site in Magento without displaying prices or having a shopping cart functionality. This can be useful if you want to use Magento as a content management system (CMS) or if you want to showcase your products without selling them online.

To remove prices from your Magento site, you can disable the "Add to Cart" button and remove any references to prices in the frontend templates. This can be done by modifying the template files or by using a Magento extension to hide prices.

Additionally, you can disable the shopping cart functionality by modifying the layout files and removing any references to the cart. This will prevent customers from adding products to the cart and checking out.

By customizing your Magento installation in this way, you can create a dynamic site that showcases your products without having any ecommerce functionality. You can use Magento's built-in CMS features to create pages and content that highlight your products, and use extensions or customizations to add additional features as needed.

Overall, Magento is a flexible platform that can be customized to suit a wide range of needs. With a bit of customization, you can create a dynamic site that meets your specific requirements.