cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failing at 3% in console install 2.3.4

failing at 3% in console install 2.3.4

I pass all the readyness checks.
I'm installing 2.3.4 on Ubuntu 19.1 (I've done this twice before and didn't have a problem with Ubuntu 19.1)
I've tried PHP 7.2 and 7.3.
I tried 2 different databases admined with PHPMyAdmin (Yes, running PHPMyAdmin on 19.1)
I have an SSL key installed and verified so I'm trying to install with https protocol (I also tried without https)

I'm not sure how new 2.3.4 is and if this version is not installable?

Here is my puked out error messages ....
(I've generated this exact error log several times now)

Module 'Magento_Catalog':
[ERROR] Magento\Framework\Setup\Exception: Unable to apply patch Magento\Catalog\Setup\Patch\Schema\EnableSegmentation for module Magento_Catalog. Original exception message: Invalid column data type "" in /var/www/html/medifoodusa/vendor/magento/framework/Setup/Patch/PatchApplier.php:247
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Model/Installer.php(1008): Magento\Framework\Setup\Patch\PatchApplier->applySchemaPatch('Magento_Catalog')
#1 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Model/Installer.php(836): Magento\Setup\Model\Installer->handleDBSchemaData(Object(Magento\Setup\Module\Setup), 'schema', Array)
#2 [internal function]: Magento\Setup\Model\Installer->installSchema(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Model/Installer.php(368): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Controller/Install.php(109): Magento\Setup\Model\Installer->install(Array)
#5 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(84): Magento\Setup\Controller\Install->startAction()
#6 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#7 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#8 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(118): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#9 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(118): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response))
#10 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#11 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#12 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(340): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#13 /var/www/html/medifoodusa/setup/index.php(39): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()
#14 {main}

7 REPLIES 7

Re: failing at 3% in console install 2.3.4

following up on my own post.
I've since retried the install after wiping the server.  I tried installing Magento Community 2.3.3 and I still get all the missing php files. 
They suggest all these files are being migrated to Laminia.  I have no idea where to get the new Laminia files.
I'm trying to download the Magento .gz.zip files, but some of the download pages I found are all now dead links.  I can't even find a download link to try outside of composer.

Had a similar issue, in my case the problem was caused by an incorrect mysql version (8.0.*) but 2.3.* doesn't support this version., I was able to finish the installation process by applying 

you can add the code in file
vendor/magento/framework/DB/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php
line 1846
after line
case 'smallint':
add
case 'smallint unsigned':
and
after line
case 'int':
add
"case 'int unsigned':"

or full method code

protected function _getColumnTypeByDdl($column)
    {
        switch ($column['DATA_TYPE']) {
            case 'bool':
                return Table::TYPE_BOOLEAN;
            case 'tinytext':
            case 'char':
            case 'varchar':
            case 'text':
            case 'mediumtext':
            case 'longtext':
                return Table::TYPE_TEXT;
            case 'blob':
            case 'mediumblob':
            case 'longblob':
                return Table::TYPE_BLOB;
            case 'tinyint':
            case 'smallint':
            case 'smallint unsigned':
                return Table::TYPE_SMALLINT;
            case 'mediumint':
            case 'int':
            case 'int unsigned':
                return Table::TYPE_INTEGER;
            case 'bigint':
                return Table::TYPE_BIGINT;
            case 'datetime':
                return Table::TYPE_DATETIME;
            case 'timestamp':
                return Table::TYPE_TIMESTAMP;
            case 'date':
                return Table::TYPE_DATE;
            case 'float':
                return Table::TYPE_FLOAT;
            case 'decimal':
            case 'numeric':
                return Table::TYPE_DECIMAL;
        }
    }

solution taken from here https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/26465#issuecomment-581160772

Also I had another problem, "You do not have the SUPER privilege and binary logging is enabled". Check this thread if you have a similar issue https://github.com/soundcloud/lhm/issues/76

Thank you.  This allowed the installer to get to 100% and provide my admin credentials.
The next problem is the admin area is page can not be displayed and main page is not allowing .css loads.

Probably permissions issues.  I'll play around with that now.

Thanks this tricks worked for me.
Simply create a patch file just like below.
In flowing path.

my_project/patches/Magento_Framework/db-adapter.patch

Inside db-adapter.patch

diff --git a/DB/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php b/DB/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php
index cbce1682cb5..79ceb56a885
--- a/DB/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php
+++ b/DB/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php
@@ -1844,9 +1844,11 @@
                 return Table::TYPE_BLOB;
             case 'tinyint':
             case 'smallint':
+            case 'smallint unsigned':
                 return Table::TYPE_SMALLINT;
             case 'mediumint':
             case 'int':
+            case 'int unsigned':
                 return Table::TYPE_INTEGER;
             case 'bigint':
                 return Table::TYPE_BIGINT;

And apply patch file now.

Your solution worked.
I wanted to point out that today I did another fresh install and the composer is now completing to 100% without this intervention.
Upon installation, I still get the problem of just text being displayed.  Now CSS execution on front end.  Admin is no URL page.

work for me. tks bro

Worked!