cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Magento as a payment gateway?

SOLVED

Can I use Magento as a payment gateway?

This is a VERY basic, fundamental question so feel free to redirect.  Smiley Happy

When using Magento (eg Magento Standard) do I still need to incorporate a payment gateway (eg paypal)? Can I use Magento as a payment gateway?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Got a M2 question? Just Ask Alan!

In Magento 2, there is no longer a separate payment gateway. It was in M1 to help with PCI compliance etc. Due to technology improvements by PayPal et al, it is no longer needed. You can achieve the same level of security without the separate gateway, making life easier for everyone!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

In Magento 2, there is no longer a separate payment gateway. It was in M1 to help with PCI compliance etc. Due to technology improvements by PayPal et al, it is no longer needed. You can achieve the same level of security without the separate gateway, making life easier for everyone!

(Oh, and it is better to create a new message for each question so its easier to track whether they are responded to.)

Ok, thank you!

Is there a fee to use Magento as a gateway? For example, if I am setting up my own site and am integrating Magento, will Magento charge me per transaction (or any other way) to use it as a gateway?

Community Edition (CE) is free - no additional charge at all from us - just your normal PayPal or whatever fees. You do need to run the software somewhere - we are a deployed solution, not SaaS. There are hosting partners at http://magento.com/partners/overview if you want to find someone to help run it for you. Enterprise Edition (EE) is the paid edition with extra features and support.