cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 server recommendataion

SOLVED

Magento 2 server recommendataion

what Linux server is best fit for Magento 2 large volume site? CentOS or Debian? what Linux version do you normally use in Magento performance testing and production?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2 server recommendataion

I have not heard anyone say one Linux is different enough to another Linux to make any significant impact. I know some sites use RedHat Linux, so they get support. I cannot recall if we use Ubuntu or Debian internally - it is probably whatever the infrastructure team set up. What is more important is number of CPUs, memory, disk I/O performance. Picking the file system type (ext3) also matters more.

There is a performance whitepaper on the magento.com site (and lots of other public articles) if you want more information. But all the results I can find in my email don't even bother mentioning which version of Linux. They mention memory, disk, file system type etc instead.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

if you going to host big shops you need more CPU and RAM. also get SSD disk. this will save you a lot of headaches.

you better look here:

https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/enterprise/

linux OS it's up to you, we prefer CentOS 7. very easy to manage. 

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

I have not heard anyone say one Linux is different enough to another Linux to make any significant impact. I know some sites use RedHat Linux, so they get support. I cannot recall if we use Ubuntu or Debian internally - it is probably whatever the infrastructure team set up. What is more important is number of CPUs, memory, disk I/O performance. Picking the file system type (ext3) also matters more.

There is a performance whitepaper on the magento.com site (and lots of other public articles) if you want more information. But all the results I can find in my email don't even bother mentioning which version of Linux. They mention memory, disk, file system type etc instead.

(I closed this off as I don't have anything more to add - it makes it easier for me to spot unanswered threads.)