cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No token on compile

No token on compile

Hi,

when I run the compile command I get the following error and thus the site stops working.

php bin/magento -vvv setup:di:compile
Compilation was started.
Repositories code generation... 1/7 [====>-----------------------] 14% 1 sec 44.0 MiB

[Zend\Code\Exception\RuntimeException]
No tokens were provided

Exception trace:
() at /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Scanner/TokenArrayScanner.php:298
Zend\Code\Scanner\TokenArrayScanner->scan() at /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Scanner/TokenArrayScanner.php:134
Zend\Code\Scanner\TokenArrayScanner->getClassNames() at /var/www/html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/Code/Reader/ClassesScanner.php:67
Magento\Setup\Module\Di\Code\Reader\ClassesScanner->getList() at /var/www/html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/App/Task/Operation/RepositoryGenerator.php:61
Magento\Setup\Module\Di\App\Task\Operation\RepositoryGenerator->doOperation() at /var/www/html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Module/Di/App/Task/Manager.php:56
Magento\Setup\Module\Di\App\Task\Manager->process() at /var/www/html/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Console/Command/DiCompileCommand.php:204
Magento\Setup\Console\Command\DiCompileCommand->execute() at /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Command/Command.php:257
Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run() at /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:874
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand() at /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:195
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() at /var/www/html/vendor/magento/framework/Console/Cli.php:49
Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->doRun() at /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:126
Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() at /var/www/html/bin/magento:25

If looked on the internet but didn't found a solution yet.

Do you have a clue what that means?

Kind regards,

David de Roo

2 REPLIES 2

Re: No token on compile

I am not sure what it means. What version of the code base are you using? 2.0.x, git clone of the develop branch, etc. Also which version of PHP are you using?  (I am trying with 2.0.2 and PHP 7 and PHP is segfaulting! PHP is never meant to segfault, indicating we may be triggering some PHP 7 bug.) 

Re: No token on compile

I'm having the exact same problem... Did anyone found a solution already?

Thanks much for feedback and best regards,
Chris