cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed: Theme / Design vs Hosting

SOLVED

Speed: Theme / Design vs Hosting

Hi 

We have spent a load of time trying to optimise our site after installing a new theme 'porto' the site seems to have slowed even further.  Our hosting company is obviously requesting that we increase our hosting package, which is a monthly occurrence, however it is so slow on web and even slower on the mobile that we have lost all our customers.

Do we increase web hosting package, increase of over 200% of the current costs and hope and pray that does the trick?  Or are there some other solutions we can try that will not through the extension we already have loaded out and cost even more to get the platform stable?

The site is https://www.dochsa.com 

Help please.

Donovan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Speed: Theme / Design vs Hosting

My final advice I can provide is to find a good solution partner who has experience with performance analysis. Also consider products like New Relic which can give you performance insights into your store. If a particular theme made your site slower, than indicates the theme is doing something unusual.

M2 might not be an easy option, but we have done a lot of work in M2 to make it easier to build faster sites. One of the goals is to help reduce this sort of pain. However, it is hard to provide performance guarantees for all extensions and themes you may add to your site. It is a problem we are continuing to think about however.

(I am going to make this thread as accepted to help me spot unanswered questions if that is okay.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This area is for M2 questions - I think you are asking a M1 question. I am afraid I don't have much practical experience with M1, so I cannot help on this question. This area is intended for broader strategic questions on Magento 2.0. For detailed questions you could try the M1 forums, stackexchange, or find a partner to work with.

My final advice I can provide is to find a good solution partner who has experience with performance analysis. Also consider products like New Relic which can give you performance insights into your store. If a particular theme made your site slower, than indicates the theme is doing something unusual.

M2 might not be an easy option, but we have done a lot of work in M2 to make it easier to build faster sites. One of the goals is to help reduce this sort of pain. However, it is hard to provide performance guarantees for all extensions and themes you may add to your site. It is a problem we are continuing to think about however.

(I am going to make this thread as accepted to help me spot unanswered questions if that is okay.)