Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

magento 2 maximum number of websites and stores support

SOLVED

magento 2 maximum number of websites and stores support

Hi Alan,

Multiple questions for you:

1. I'm wondering if you have a benchmark of the maximum number of websites and stores that magento 2 can support?  
  2. if I use magento 2 to create a marketplace that allow lots of businesses create websites(per business) and stores(per physical location), each store will create 2-3 store views(for each language), 20 categories, 150 products on average;  what is the maximum amount of websites, stores, categories and products can one magento 2 installation support?
  3. how does the amount of websites, and amount of products will impact the performance?
  4. I did the following test: create around 400 websites, each with 2 store views and 100 products on average, now after editing product, click save takes long time, I know there're a number of ways to improve server performance, what is the best practice for server performance improvement?
  5. if I will map one independent domain name for each store created, is there a way to  avoid restarting webserver (apache) for each domain added?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: magento 2 maximum number of websites and stores support

There is no coded in limit. It is more eventually you hit a limit in terms of what so many concurrent administrators can do. But that limit depends on many factors such as number of SKUs, what operations administrators typically perform, hardware selected, and so on. M2 had a lot work put into it to increase the number of concurrent admins it can support, so it is definitely better the M1 (at least for some operations).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I think Stock Magento 2 admins have access to all websites and are not restricted to a single website.  Would need some mods or custom work to setup what your asking about. 

I was meant for the Magent 2 EE edition, would like to know the maximum limit it can support

There is no coded in limit. It is more eventually you hit a limit in terms of what so many concurrent administrators can do. But that limit depends on many factors such as number of SKUs, what operations administrators typically perform, hardware selected, and so on. M2 had a lot work put into it to increase the number of concurrent admins it can support, so it is definitely better the M1 (at least for some operations).

Here, I have a solution for your problem. Magento 2.0 community Edition (CE) has the maximum numbers of limit to add products and categories.