cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup payment module on store level

SOLVED

setup payment module on store level

suppose there's a franchise business, with different physical locations, each location have multiple languages. So I create a website to represent the franchise business; then create one store(group) for each physical location, under each store there will be store views to present different languages. Currently, the payment module setup is only available on the store view level,  how can allow one physical location(corresponds to one group_id) have one payment module setup, so each store view will simply load the payment module configuration from the store level rather than creating it's own payment module configuration? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: setup payment module on store level

thanks Alan for looking into this, I have create an issue as you suggested, https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/2651

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Looking at your detailed explanation, I would say you know the details better than I do. I think this may be a case of "the product is what it is today - adapt to the restrictions it imposes". It may simply be you cannot achieve what you are after today. (Sorry!)

What I can suggest however is to convert into a feature request - e.g. ask to add configuration at the store level, along with the motivation, and submit that as a GitHub issue. The Product Management team are always open to ideas with rationalization. I cannot promise if it would get done, but I can promise it will be considered.  (If you were keen enough to create a pull request - do the code yourself and submit the change for inclusion into the product - I would still raise the issue first to get feedback on whether it would be accepted or not.)

The other approach would be to talk to third party payment extension developers to see if one of them have the solution you need (or are willing to build it for you).

The store level in the website/store/store view hierarchy does only have restricted applicability. (That is, not much can be defined at this level - it is not only payments with this restriction.) 

thanks Alan for looking into this, I have create an issue as you suggested, https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/2651