cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Credit memo's, refunds, store credit

About Credit memo's, refunds, store credit

Hi,

Fairly new to magento and was hoping for some help in using magento's inbuilt credit memo feature to part or fully refund customers orders as store credit which they can use while placing new orders or I can use from the admin area.

any help will be greatly appreciated... what I did seemed all wrong logically and way to complicated for me to explain to my team 

thanks

bijal

6 REPLIES 6

Re: About Credit memo's, refunds, store credit

Hello @fishvish

First of all, have you checked this Magento article on using credit memos http://merch.docs.magento.com/ce/user_guide/order-processing/credit-memo-create.html?

And it would be easier for the community members to help you if you asked particular questions Smiley Happy

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hi,

I did go through this link before posting but it seemed a little incomplete to me as a newbie user.

What happens after I create a Credit Memo? For e.g. a customer bought a couple things on COD basis. It was delivered and he paid for it in cash (I assume this means offline). Invoice has been generated but shipment was not. He calls to say 1 product was bad and we offered to refund it without taking it back so no adjustment to stock. All this entry was simple and I created the credit memo. I want to offer him store credit instead of giving the cash back. Is this possible? I dont see anywhere where I can do that.

This means that I must return the cash to him and he cant adjust it in his next order either right?

If this is so for CE, its fine I guess and I'll just have to get an extension that can do that for me?

thanks for the help, and sorry if I'm being too obtuse.

Bijal

@fishvish

I see. You will most probably need an extension to achieve what you need. You can try our Store Credit module.

As a result, when a credit memo is created, there appears an option "return to store credit"  as well as a field to state the sum.

I have more questions about your module... what would be the best platform to discuss that?

Thanks

@fishvish

I sent you a PM

I am myself having some issues....

Trying to refund an item for £13.00 minus £6.50.

Done everything correct, put it into adjustment fee and the grand total is correct. Pressed Refund Online. 

However when I go back to see the comments section, it has in fact refunded the whole amount £13.00!

Why is it doing this?? Please help!