cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding subdomain, new website, store, or store view?

SOLVED

Adding subdomain, new website, store, or store view?

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to add a subdomain soon (wholesale.MYWEBSITE.com). This site will be for my wholesale customers (obviously) and will be a direct mirror of the normal www.MYWEBSITE.com site. However, I want to use a subdomain so I can make static blocks catered to my wholesale customers. 

Would I be best off creatin a whole new website, store, or store view in Magento?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding subdomain, new website, store, or store view?

Thanks Amasty, I actually figured out my issue and was able to make it work with a subfolder, symlinks, and an edited index.php file. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Just wanted to bump this.

I've played around with a couple things, I don't want it to be a store view, because I don't want customers to be able to switch back and forth. If I create a new store on the same website, then create a store view for the new store, how do I make that work? Would I need to edit my .htaccess file to handle the redirect?

Hi @ericfox83

You may add wholesale customer group within your store and display special options to its members. Here are some extensions that might be useful:

Custom Options for Customer Groups- helps to offer individual custom options for each group

Shipping & Payment By Customer Groups- manage access to payment and shipping methods by groups

Customer Group Catalog:

Set access to catalog pages based on your business needs
Hide price block and ‘add to cart’ button
Use a cms-block instead of price
Redirect to a CMS page or show 404 error for products
Remove product and category links

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Thanks Amasty, I actually figured out my issue and was able to make it work with a subfolder, symlinks, and an edited index.php file.