cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new to Magento - Please help with theme issues!

Brand new to Magento - Please help with theme issues!

Hi everyone

I am literally brand new to Magento (I have come from a Wordpress background) and have fallen at the first hurdle - please be gentle.

I installed Magento through Softaculous and have version 1.9.2.0.  I noticed that it came with a theme called Madison Island already live and working.  I have bought a different theme however specifically for a watch store that I want to open up (Moos theme from PlazaThemes on Themeforest) 

Now all I want to do is use the new theme I have and not the Madison one.  I have gone through a thousand online tutorials, all telling me different things to do and now I have run out of options.

I've extracted the theme, used FTP to move the app/js/lib/media/skin folders of the new theme into the root of the site (although these folders already existed, I guess because of the Madison theme).  In the Magento admin panel of my site I went to System/Config/Design and typed in the name of what I think is the directory where the theme is ma_moos/ma_moos3 and put this in every field under Package and Theme except translation.

I then went to System/Design/Add a design change and selected Store:  English, Custom Design:  ma_moos3 (my new theme).

This is where I am at, I don't know what's happened but now I seem to have a mix of the 2 themes going on, it's a mess!  The URL is planetgshock.com is anyone can take a look, it's got the right header but the Madison site underneath.

I've been at this for hours and hours and am at my wits end, any help on this would be fantastic

Thanks