cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Import Tools returns Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page. trying to import/update product

Bulk Import Tools returns Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page. trying to import/update product

I'm trying to update my products with a CSV file.  I go to System>Import/Export>Dataflow-Profiles then click Import All Products.  Listed below is what I have for the options.

Profile Information

Name: *Import All Products
Entity type: Products
Direction: Import
Store: Default (Admin) Values

(Products will be added/updated to this store if 'store' column is blank or missing in the import file.)
Number of records: 1

(You have to increase php memory_limit before changing this value)
Decimal separator: .

File Information

Data transfer: Interactive
Data Format

Type: CSV
Value Delimiter: , (\t for tab)
Enclose Values In: " Warning! Empty value can cause problems with CSV format.
Original Magento attribute names in first row: Yes

I then click Upload File and choose my file.  I click Save and Continue Edit and I get the error "Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page." and it sends me to my dashboard page in Admin.  I am never able to go over to click Run Profile, select my file and then click Run Profile in Popup.

I have tried creating a new profile named ProductsImports with the same exact information listed above for the options but I get the same,"Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page.".

I have the following warnings on the Upload File tab listed below.  The data encodings isn't the problem as the file is UTF-8.  The file is however 16.3 MB so this must be the problem.  How do I bypass this limitation?

• Your server PHP settings allow you to upload files not more than 2M at a time. Please modify post_max_size (currently is 8M) and upload_max_filesize (currently is 2M) values in php.ini if you want to upload larger files.
  • Make sure that data encoding in the file is consistent and saved in one of supported encodings (UTF-8 or ANSI).
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bulk Import Tools returns Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page. trying to import/update pro

Sorry for the bump.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bulk Import Tools returns Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page. trying to import/update pro

I ended up reducing my rows to 30 and the import worked and then again at 50 then 100.  I was hoping that someone in the community would have any tips or solution for being able to import what I need to import at one time which is over 8,000 rows of data.