cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Surepost

UPS Surepost

I've looked around the forums and some Google searches but couldn't find a clear answer. Does Magento 1.X support UPS Surepost natively? Our client has an 1.8.1 install and it isn't listed there. If it's not supported natively, is there a way to integrate it?

Thanks for any insight!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: UPS Surepost

UPS SurePost is basically UPS Ground Commercial rate plus an insurance surcharge.

I don't think to this day that UPS has added the SurePost service to its online rate calculator which means that it won't be supported directly by Magento.

Back when we were using it, I had to write our own module to support it because nobody has one available. It was an annoying experience I didn't bother to reexamine when we upgraded Magento as we decided to quit using the SurePost service. Endicia with insurance and USPS gave us better results.

The module went out and got a single UPS Ground Commercial freight quote, surcharged it and presented it as another ship method.

You can use the extension below. this can offer UPS sure post as shipping option 

https://www.fiverr.com/arpitha_maganti/integrate-ups-surepost-for-your-magento-store

Yes, Magento 1.9 does not support SurePost rates by default. The reason being most customers opt for the regular UPS Ground options. You can use the StorePep Integrated Shipping & Tracking extension to calculate and show Surepost rates at checkout. In addition, you can generate Surepost labels with this extension.