cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Update of Custom Options

SOLVED

Bulk Update of Custom Options

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a bulk update of custom options. 

We have one custom option on 1400 products in one category we need to change the price on. 

For some reason I cannot find a module to do this?!?! Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

many thank in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bulk Update of Custom Options

Hi Rob,

There are some Magento extensions that you may find helpful. In my reply, I've shared examples from the Magento marketplace, which now only lists Magento 2 extensions, but most developers are still offering their Magento 1 versions of these extensions on their websites.

Firstly, there are extensions that allow you to create a Custom Options/Product Options Template. That way, you're applying the same template to multiple products, and when it needs to be updated, you only have to update it once in one place. Examples of such extensions include:

If instead of using templates, you'd like to keep managing custom options on a per-product basis, then it's a question of how to do so more efficiently than manually editing these via the Magento admin. While you could use Magento APIs for this, it sounds like you're looking for something that wouldn't require code. 

Hypothetically, you could export your product data with the product options, adjust the prices on one sheet, and re-upload. That could save you a lot of time. You can attempt to do this with Magento's native import export features (see page 671 of    https://info2.magento.com/rs/magentosoftware/images/Magento_Community_Edition_User_Guide_Latest.pdf), but the formatting is difficult.

With that in mind, there are some extensions that make it easier to import/export custom options data, such as:

Again, companies like CommerceExtensions are still offering Magento 1 extensions on their websites, and if you're just looking for price updates, you may be able to use a very specific extension like: https://www.commerceextensions.com/custom-options-price-update-import-export.html for that single purpose.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Rob,

There are some Magento extensions that you may find helpful. In my reply, I've shared examples from the Magento marketplace, which now only lists Magento 2 extensions, but most developers are still offering their Magento 1 versions of these extensions on their websites.

Firstly, there are extensions that allow you to create a Custom Options/Product Options Template. That way, you're applying the same template to multiple products, and when it needs to be updated, you only have to update it once in one place. Examples of such extensions include:

If instead of using templates, you'd like to keep managing custom options on a per-product basis, then it's a question of how to do so more efficiently than manually editing these via the Magento admin. While you could use Magento APIs for this, it sounds like you're looking for something that wouldn't require code. 

Hypothetically, you could export your product data with the product options, adjust the prices on one sheet, and re-upload. That could save you a lot of time. You can attempt to do this with Magento's native import export features (see page 671 of    https://info2.magento.com/rs/magentosoftware/images/Magento_Community_Edition_User_Guide_Latest.pdf), but the formatting is difficult.

With that in mind, there are some extensions that make it easier to import/export custom options data, such as:

Again, companies like CommerceExtensions are still offering Magento 1 extensions on their websites, and if you're just looking for price updates, you may be able to use a very specific extension like: https://www.commerceextensions.com/custom-options-price-update-import-export.html for that single purpose.

Best of luck!

There are many extension available for bulk update having custom option. You can develop custom export file having fixed attribute to upload in bulk. There are many eCommerce website development company such as AppCode Technologies provide custom import and export solutions to the leading eCommerce companies. 

Hi

Many thanks for the great information.

I will check out all alternatives