cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I/Shoudl I remove duplicate url keys for simple products only sold under configurable products?

Can I/Shoudl I remove duplicate url keys for simple products only sold under configurable products?

If I have simple products with duplicate URL keys that are only visible and sold by way of a configurable product, is there any reason I cannot or should not just remove the url keys from all of the simple products under a configurable product? Other than I would need to recreate a url key if I wanted that product to be visible outside of the configurable product later?

TY

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can I/Shoudl I remove duplicate url keys for simple products only sold under configurable produc

In that case, it's better practice to use configurable product url as entry point, for example nike-shoes. On all simple products (lets say thay you have size & color variations), just append their parameters naturally, like nike-shoes-blue-40, nike-shoes-blue-42, nike-shoes-green-42...

There is no reason to use the same URL keys when Magento will append number at the end, which looks awful.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue